CAAS Banners at Convention?

Watch and share videos from youtube

CAAS Banners at Convention?

Postby David Elliott » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:34 pm

In viewing many of the photos and videos at the Convention (thanks to all the posters!) I notice that the familiar banner "There's Only One Chet" seemed to be no where in sight! Has this been done away with?

Also, while I definitely enjoyed seeing all the videos shot there, I'm curious regarding the previous admonition in force that NO VIDEOS were allowed of performances there. Has this also changed, or did that apply only to the Saturday night concert?

David
David Elliott

Re: CAAS Banners at Convention?

Postby RandeDager » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:08 pm

David, I was wondering the same thing. There must be a difference in the categories that the videos are put into. I'm just glad they were available to us and I sure don't want to stir up any trouble for the future.
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Randy Finney » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Yes, the banner you mention, as well as other previous banners, were there. They were positioned above entrance ways - such as the entrance from the CAAS Lobby to the Two Rivers hallway, and the entrance from the CAAS Lobby to the hallway leading to the to the main hotel lobby. This made them too high to appear in photographs.

There was much video taking. My understanding is that video is allowed for personal use but, permission is required to publicly post the video. As for whether or not permission has been given for all the videos that have been publicly posted, I doubt it.

I also doubt most of the people who are in the videos really care. Someone posted a video of me without my permission. Not only do I NOT feel offended, I feel rather flattered considering all the competition!

Randy
Randy Finney

Postby George Beasley » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:47 pm

I don't know about the other videos, but I did get permission from Brooks to post the videos of him at the Chet Tribute concert on Tues July 12.
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

Postby thenorm » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:45 pm

I don't think the video restrictions have anything to do with the people in them as much as it does with the musical copyright factor.

I can imagine people at a certain level (Chet, Jerry Reed) who were marketable personalities under contract to a record label might ask for a 'no taping' stipulation but that's a bit different than the attendees who don't quite have the selling power regardless how well they might play guitar.
thenorm

Return to Video Files