Chet Influence????

Watch and share videos from youtube

Chet Influence????

Postby bill_h » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:52 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQxvDt2X ... re=related

Some of you may remember this clip from the "bonk bonk" thread of days gone by. It's the one and only Olle Hemmingsson and his Volvo tractor playing at the recital hall where I went to music school. Someone reposted the clip on you tube but look what they named it. I know Chet's influence was far reaching but how on Earth did this clip get associated with Chet?

Seems like there's no middle ground on this clip. You either love ot or think it's downright silly. Myself, I get a kick out of it. I just think of all the stone faced conservatory types that will never be able to play as good as Olle, if for no other reason than he's having fun with music while they're immeresed in such a stuffy, artificial environment.
bill_h

Re: Chet Influence????

Postby Vidar Lund » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:44 am

When Chet toured Europe in the spring of 1964 with Jim Reeves and the Blue Boys, Bobby Bare and the Anita Kerr singers ("Nashville Stars on Tour") he performed in Copenhagen, Denmark, on April 13, in Stockholm, Sweden, on April 14 and in Oslo, Norway on April 15. All the places he had a resounding success. He inspired countless Scandinavian guitarists, including me, to play like him, and his influence lasts to this day. Best known is Claes Neeb. So it´s no wonder Olle Hemmingsson wants to play like him.

Clips of Chet´s performance in Oslo 1964 are to be found on YouTube along with the other artists.

Here´s a sample of another engine doing the job as a percussionist. It´s and old hot bulb boat engine doing the job. I´ve owned two boats with engines like that, and regret not having thought of including them in my band. Somewhat cumbersom maybe, but cheap labour at least.

http://www.lofoten-info.no/nfmuseum/Hatleskolsmeden.mp3
Vidar Lund

Return to Video Files