I Love How You Love Me cover(CHET ATKINS)-VIDEO

Watch and share videos from youtube

I Love How You Love Me cover(CHET ATKINS)-VIDEO

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:43 am

Hello everyone ..........

This time, I enjoyed performing "I LOVE HOW YOU LOVE ME" on the side one 1963 album "Teen Scene" by CHET ATKINS.
Chet always manages to impress with his arrangements, although the melody is simple, here does a great job highlighting the great guitar sound using the tremolo effect throughout the piece.

I tried to copy here and there, listening to this song many times ....... I do not believe that there are transcripts of this song.
I used my Gretsch 6122-1959 and a tremolo effect BossTr2.
The Backtrack was created by me using Band in a Box.

http://youtu.be/ZZ7mqRo8Poo

Hope you like it, I enjoyed so much in playing it.

At the next, Ciao PAOLO.
Spadaro Paolo

Re: I Love How You Love Me cover(CHET ATKINS)-VIDEO

Postby GaryL » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi Spadaro,
A very nice performance of a song I've enjoyed too. I think you did a good figuring it out and have a nice tone. Another song like this one is Chet's version of "I Will" which I have not seen the tab for.
Thanks for posting.
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:09 pm

Thanks Gary !!!!!

Yes, I know, "I Will" superb piece.

CIAO,PAOLO.
Spadaro Paolo

Postby DagerRande » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:45 pm

Spidaro, you did a very nice job! I heard Chet play that long before you were born. It sounds nice.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby lovechet » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Hi Spadaro,

I had to listen to your performance twice and I don't often do that. A very nice tone and very original to what Chet sounds like. Congrats. I have been playing Chet's stuff for 50 years and oddly enough this Valentines day I ran across the tune again this morning and started trying to play it. I already had my Stryman on a big delay sound so I just cranked up the Deluxe tremolo and dived in. Beautifull song. I'm 75 so that's a tune I would have heard at our graduation dance. I'll use your fingering shown in your video and maybe adjust what I had worked ou so far. As you know there are several places on the guitar where a note can be played. I havn't even tried to see what chords are involved and possibly that's what drove your version. I guess we won't know exactly how Chet did it. Maybe your version is just how he did it. Through the years I have tabbed various of Chet's songs and its always a challenge. I sure love that guy and sad that he's gone. His music however never will be gone.

PS

I don't know how you youg guys get it right so early on. Back when I was practicing 40 hours a week I was turning down the record player voltage with a reostat to try and get the notes. Keep going.
lovechet

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:29 am

Thanks, lovechet !!!! Valentine's Day coincides with my birthday.
I love this arrangement, many times I play it in medley with Love Letters;
I love Chet Atkins, thanks to my late teacher who directed me to good music.
I have been listening and playing Chet Atkins music almost always; Eddie Estes helped me a lot with the tabs (Denoyelle), but this arrangement was extracted by ear, when I still did not have the help of Eddie.

Grazie ragazzi, ciao!!!!!

Paolo Spadaro.
Spadaro Paolo

Return to Video Files