Dream a Little Dream of Me

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

Dream a Little Dream of Me

Postby Chuck » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:54 am

Gary recently posted what I thought was a recording with some excellent sound, in which he recorded his guitar direct.
I decided to give that a try, up until now recording my deluxe reverb with a mic. It started as an experiment , but then I added up adding acoustic guitars and bass (all direct as well). Percussion, keyboards and marimbas were triggered in Garageband. Thanks for listening.
Chuck/Cincinnati
Chuck

Re: Dream a Little Dream of Me

Postby GaryL » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:15 pm

Hi Chuck,
Guitar sounded great and your backing tracks too. Thanks for posting.
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:52 pm

Well done Chuck ..........
I also log all live, by placing the microphone in front of my amp rivera (for my gretsch 6122-1959);
Instead, for my acoustic guitar, mix, blend the amplified sound with the acoustic one.

Ciao, Paolo.
Spadaro Paolo

Postby Chuck » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:19 am

Thanks Gary and Paolo,

Recording direct is something I am now going to explore. It is mighty handy too when the neighbor fires up his lawnmower- if I were using a mic it would mean waiting for him to finish.

I have a love/hate relationship with today's technology, but from a recording standpoint, for me it is good (garageband). I play in two different groups, but recording like this, you can do all the tracks to your satisfaction, take as long as you need, all by yourself on your own schedule.

Professional studio results? No of course not. Fun? Yes!
Plus I have found it is a good way to practice, develop your ear.
Thanks again! Chuck/Cincinnati
Chuck

Return to Audio files