Here is my try at Chet and Jerrys: Serenade for Summer

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

Here is my try at Chet and Jerrys: Serenade for Summer

Postby ajbremer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:25 pm

01/19/2013 Saturday Night

I recorded Chet and Jerrys 1973 arrangement of 'Serenade for Summer' and used my mac along with logic software to do it. I play all instruments in it. I had my cheap casio keyboard midi hooked up and also added a little percussion and orchestra violins, etc. I used Craig Dobbins arrangement, he has tabbed both lead and rhythm parts.

Just to let you know, I have to read the tab in order to play this. I haven't memorized the parts, I'm so thankful for tab!

Hope ya like it, here it is:

http://www.mrmachinist.net/serenade.mp3

al

Allan J. Bremer from MidEastOklahoma
ajbremer

Re: Here is my try at Chet and Jerrys: Serenade for Summer

Postby Steve Sanders » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:53 pm

Well "Boy Howdy" that was GREAT!! You did very good on that one! I would say you nailed it right on the money!! So clear and clean. You are one crafty fellar to have done all of that! But now ya gotta do another one, or maybe two. Sure do like your pickin'!! Fellow Okie, Steve Sanders
Steve Sanders

Postby rhudson » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:48 am

Allan, that was very nice. I really enjoyed it. It was neat the way you used what you had and made a very nice production out of it.
rhudson

Postby ajbremer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:28 am

Thanks Richard and Steve. I'll try to get another one up very soon, hopefully a video.
ajbremer

Postby Vidar Lund » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:18 am

Allan, a beautiful performance with that sound, and totally professionally executed as well. Recordings like that make me so happy to know that the tradition of Chet, Jerry, Paul and the other great guitarists we love is being carried on by you and all the other fine musicians on this board.
Vidar Lund

Return to Audio files