Another'un (new tab)

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

Another'un (new tab)

Postby Doug_H » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:53 pm

This is another one of my tunes for the great nieces. I've got a couple more to tab and I'd better get with it because there is a great great niece on the way. lol! It was Jessica's turn for this one. They are all special but since I was the one that rushed her mother to the hospital to deliver she is extra special. She is also the first one that lived near enough that I could be around for her earliest development. And that's why it's called 'Jessica's Crawl'.

Her fits and starts while learning to crawl were comical, of course. Like all babies she'd no more get going than she'd be off on a tangent in another direction or another speed, all unpredictable. So that's the way the tune is too. It starts with a partial familiar phrase but immediately veers off to something else, only to switch directions again several times. Tentative, ponderous, dramatic, joyful...alternating and hopefully a little unpredictable on the first listen.

I sometimes call it 'Non Sequitur' (Latin for "does not follow", usually meant to indicate that the conclusion doesn't 'follow' from the premise).

Anyway, as with all not quite 'professional' tabs it will have some warts. I'm always open to suggestions on how to fix things. But it sounds right...at least 'right' as I play it. lol

So here it is... http://hendrixmusic.com/tab/Jessicas_Crawl_v112012.tef

And...as always, I hope you enjoy it and that some will work it up. ;)
Last edited by Doug_H on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug_H

Re: Another'un (new tab)

Postby GaryL » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:44 am

Doug,
When I try the link I get something that looks like this

Jessica's Crawl (Non Sequitur)by Doug Hendrix ©2009TablEdited by Doug HendrixZnàq¨€†@†à‰` †0 †À† ƒæp…P …0 … ƒ Œ3° Œ0À æ` ƒ@ƒ À† ƒÀ†ãà‰À†€ƒã@‰` ©€ ã ‰` ©€ ãƒ0 ã ãà ‰À!†€"ƒ $‰@$†€$£%ƒ€%£&ã€&£€'£*ã+ãà+‰ ,ãÀ,†0-ã -„`.ƒ0†1é@1Š`1ê€1‰ 1‰À1‰@2Š`2ê€2‰ 2‰À2‰@3Š`3êÀ3‰@5‰`5é€5†À5‰6€7€8€;`À<‰à< Œ =‰à= Œ`>‰€>ƒ@?ƒ@ƒB†`B† B„`C†@D‰ D„ E‰0Fƒ F„H„ÀH‰àH‰I„`I‰€I‰ I†@JƒL†O‰`O† P‰@P‰ P„àQ‰ÀR†S†`SƒÀT‰àT Œ U‰àU Œ`V‰€Vƒ@WƒXƒZ†`Z† Z„`[†@\‰ \„ ]‰0^ƒ ^„`„À`‰à`‰a„`a‰€a‰ a†@bƒd†g‰`g† h‰@h‰ h„ài‰Àj†k†`kƒ l„€m† àmŠ`n†ànŠ@oƒàoŠpàq‰ r„sê s‰@s‰`s‰ sdtê t‰@t‰`t‰ t„uê`u‰....

I'd like to check out your song.
Thanks,
GaryL

P.S. I enjoyed tried your link on how you met Chet. That was great!
GaryL

Postby Doug_H » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:32 pm

Gary,

Well darn. I saw that problem a couple of times myself and thought I had it fixed. Right now, on my 'puter I get the standard save/open menu (on windows). While trying to figure out the problem I did discover that I could right click and 'Save Link As' to save the file, and then open it in Tabledit just fine. You might try that. In the meantime I'll keep trying to figure it out.

Yeah..the 'when I met Chet' story is both delightful and embarrassing. lol... Those were the days. After that I would see him around sometimes, but it never got beyond a recognition and tip of the hat passing in the hallway or at a restaurant. That was cool enough. ;)

EDIT: I think it's fixed now. Somebody let me know. Thanks.
Doug_H

Postby GaryL » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Doug,
It did not work for me. I tried the right clicking too and get the same as before.
FYI,
Gary
GaryL

Postby Doug_H » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:33 pm

Gary, let me ask a dumb question: Do you have Tabledit or TefView installed on your computer? One of those will have to be installed to view and play the tab. If you do have one of those installed then I'm stumped. lol...

Also, for anyone having the same problem, if clicking on the link, you should get some menu asking whether to save or open the file. If you choose to open...you might need to click 'browse' and go to your Tabledit folder and choose the tabledit.exe (or TefView.exe) program file so it will know to open the file with that program (or an arrow for menu selection) . It should always open 'tef' files with Tabledit after that.

Here's what it looks like on my Win98 laptop when I click the link:

You can get the free TEFView program at this link:

http://www.tabledit.com/tefview/download.shtml
Last edited by Doug_H on Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug_H

Postby Doug_H » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:20 pm

And...here's a MIDI output file from Tabledit so you can listen and know whether you even want to bother. LOL!

http://hendrixmusic.com/tab/Jessicas_Crawl_v112012.mid

Be sure and listen through it. It's like the weather in Arkansas...if you don't like it, just stick around a few minutes...it will change. ;)
Doug_H

Postby GaryL » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Doug,
I do have the tef viewer on my PC. Still couldn't use tabedit. I was able to listen to the midi file and that's fine.
It's unique and I enjoyed it.
Thanks,
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Boris Bursac » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:50 am

Hi Doug,
I couldn't open it directly but with Save As it worked. Very nice tune, love your ideas and I like your 'wierd' tabbing :) Really, you did a good job!
Boris
Boris Bursac

Postby Doug_H » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Thanks, Gary and Boris. Oh well...I've about pulled my hair out trying to figure out why there is a problem downloading the file for some. I can only duplicate the problem in Internet Explorer. The Mozilla browsers I use (Firefox and Google Chrome) work fine.

But...I found that if using Internet Explorer..right clicking...Save Target As...it wants to save the file with the extension 'htm'. If you just edit the htm to tef and Save, it will save as a tef and open in Tabledit. Weird, indeed! Sorry for the problems, guys. It's got me stumped so far.

It's definitely something at my server because when I go to Jack Baker's site with Internet Explorer I don't have the problem. If any geeks out there have suggestions I'm all ears. lol doug@hendrixmusic.com
Doug_H

Return to Audio files