Ain't No Grave

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

Ain't No Grave

Postby keener » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:41 pm

My Dad would have been 86 today. Here is him and mom singing about 40 years ago, with Dad playing lead on the guitar. The kid playing the Jerry Reed style background music is the 20 year-old edition of me. From what I recall, the only instruments used were Dad's guitar, mine (and old Goyer), and Possibly a slap rhythm (a guitar with sheets of paper under the strings to give it a drums sort of sound).

http://drkeener.s3.amazonaws.com/music/nograve.mp3
Last edited by keener on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
keener

Re: Ain't No Grave

Postby RandeDager » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:44 pm

Bruce, that was really nice and I'm sure it brings back memories for you. I grew up in a "music vacuum" where there were no family members or friends who were musicians, other than for a few church pianists. I soaked up everything I could from records.

I was also very impressed with your guitar work at 20! Of course I also had to remind myself to subtract a few years to allow for a young enough starting age to have time to build up to that level of expertise!
Rande
RandeDager

Re: Ain't No Grave

Postby keener » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Thank you much, Rande.

I learned to play guitar when I was 14. First tune was Windy and Warm. From my late teens through my mid-twenties, most of my free time was spent on the guitar. It wouldn't have been unusual for me to play anywhere from 6 to 9 hours a day at the time this recording was made.
keener

Return to Audio files