Winter Walkin'

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

Winter Walkin'

Postby cettyboy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:07 pm

Thinking of Chet Atkins and Paul Yandell and how great they played together.
Thanks,
Mark Hill
01 Track 1.mp3
Winter Walkin'
(2.63 MiB) Downloaded 937 times
cettyboy

Re: Winter Walkin'

Postby RandeDager » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Mark, that was really nice! You added your own little subtleties and everything was nice and clean and tasteful.
Thank you!
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Richard Hudson » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:09 pm

That's some very fine picking, Mark. I remember Paul saying one time that if you got any better you were going to put us all out of business. That was a high compliment from one of the best ever. You've got a killer tone there. I really enjoyed it - always do enjoy hearing you play.
Richard Hudson

Postby keener » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Sweet, Mark. Very nice. That's one of my favorites.
keener

Postby Kent Hillman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:29 pm

That was beautiful Mark, thanks. It's great to hear a really tasteful new version of the fingerstyle tune that got me hooked about 47 years ago. I still enjoy it everytime I hear it.
Kent Hillman

Postby Steve Sanders » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Well, I listened to your pickin' of Winter Walking... and it was awful......awful NICE!!! I agree with Richard, that was some really nice tone you are getting. Care to share what guitar / amp / effects you used on this tune? I'm bettin' other folks would like to achieve this kind'a sound out'a their set up. I'm always looking and listening for good and different tones. Chet was always changing things and mixing things up. But he always sounded like "Chet" no matter what. Thanks, Steve
Steve Sanders

Postby GaryL » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:50 pm

Super Mark!
As always awesome tone.
GaryL
GaryL

Postby Ray Bohlken » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:38 pm

Wow Mark. This was great. You had the tone and touch down pat.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby cettyboy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:02 pm

Hey Guys and thanks.
One nice thing about the CG is I plug direct.Paul Yandell suggested that I back off the bridge pickup a 1/4 turn when recording this way and takes the edge off somewhat.
When I play live, I use a Peavey Bandit (One from the 80's) for the nylon, and a Peavey Renown 2/12's for whatever electric I'm using.
When I'm doing studio gig's,I normally use whatever they have.Most studios are more than amped up these days.
I don't usually use effects anymore.If i'm doing a rock/blues type thing live,I'll use an Ibanez Tube Screamer with a bit of overdrive on the amp.Normally I'll use a Strat with a humbucker in the bridge or a PRS.The Cg sounds fantastic straight in.
Whatever configuration I'm plugged into,I always like to have some reverb.
I've met alot of guys over the years in studios and on the road that were constantly switching out there gear.I guess what it boils down to is......... get comfortable enough to working with what you do have and let your hands and soul take you the rest of the way!
Thanks so much again guys! Your the greatest!
Mark
cettyboy

Postby Steve Sanders » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Well "Thank Ya" Mark for sharing the info! It's folks like you that keeps folks like me up till all hours of the night listening, figgering, and doin' a lot of head scratchin'! Maybe I ought'a put my ol' guitar down and just go fishin". Naw, too hot for that. But your pickin' was really nice. Hey, I got an idea...do another one. That would be nice. Thanks again. You are a real treasure here on the Chetboard. Steve
Steve Sanders

Next

Return to Audio files