I actually play my old Genteman on this one...

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

I actually play my old Genteman on this one...

Postby Norm » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:08 pm

Old Johnny Cash song… I actually play guitar on this one (during second verse) and I don’t mind telling you it was a chore to do because I’m so woefully out of practice. Muh fangers is sore on the end! I just don’t hardly play guitar that much anymore…

Took the link out. Wish I could sing better but the whole point of my exercise was really to show I could actually play guitar after all these years of babbling about it. I'll fish around and see if I don't have a mutually compatible tune that I can run my two instruments together and skip the singing altogether...
Last edited by Norm on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Re: I actually play my old Genteman on this one...

Postby Terry Tolley » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:45 pm

It sounds darned good. You're a brave man - SINGING!!! I only sing when the management must absolutely get the building cleared and the fire alarm system isn't doing the job.
Terry Tolley

Postby Norm » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:55 pm

calling it singing is merciful. But it's a fun song to do...
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

That should do it.
Norm

Postby keener » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:16 pm

Reminds me of why I don't sing :)

Really glad to see you sharing your music, Norm. Another testament to the wide influence of Mr. Chester Burton Atkins.

I hope you continue to share. Sorry if you've posted some tunes that I missed.
keener

Postby Ray Bohlken » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:37 pm

Norm, I liked your playing and enjoyed the song. Sounds like you were having fun with this one.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Vidar Lund » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Playing the guitar and the dobro is only one of Norm´s talents. He´s a gifted painter as well. I´ve seen some of his work.
Vidar Lund

Postby Norm » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:45 pm

I'm going to try to find someone else to do the vocal part. Don't want to get booked for "audio assault"

That should do it.
Norm

Postby bill_h » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:35 am

Well I just got around to viewing this one only to find out Norm took the link out. I guess I just missed out on the serenade altogether :cry: I take it Norm didn't quit his day job :lol:

Actually I have no room to talk here. I was advised some 30 years ago to keep playing my guitar but forget about singing. That was some sound advice! Actually the fellow that told me that didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

Sorry I missed the guitar playing and I'm sure the singing was way better than I could have done - if that says anything :|
bill_h

Postby Norm » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:08 am

I have breathing issues and it showed so I'll either have to find a clever retake or get someone else to sing the part synched.

Friend of mine, owns a guitar store, plays, I've known him for about thirty years said to lose the singing but find a way to save the instrumentals (I play first round on dobro and second round on my old Gent.) I'm way out of practice on guitar and don't mind saying my fingers really were (and still are) sore but, under the circumstances I did fairly well I think.

...it ain't over 'till it's over...

That should do it.
Norm

Postby Vidar Lund » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:05 am

You give up too easily, Norm. Not being able to sing properly or hold a note doesn´t refrain people from becoming world stars these days. You don´t have to be a new Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra, Jim Reeves or Marty Robbins to make it big. Studio wizardry and digital and electronic gimmicks will see to that.
Vidar Lund

Next

Return to Audio files