Give of Your Best to the Master

A place to share your music! Post and view audio links.

Give of Your Best to the Master

Postby Art Sims » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:19 pm

I posted an arrangement of mine today. Can't say I'm real happy with what Youtube does to the sound. You post a good clean recording and then it seems their compression just clouds it up so much. I’m having a little bit better luck posting the same things at Yahoo but not much. Youtube, of course, is what most everyone uses. Anyway, this is a great old song from the hymnbook, one that I really like.

Art Sims
Art Sims

Re: Give of Your Best to the Master

Postby Roger Hardin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:11 pm

Outstanding arrangement Art and great playing. I hope you don't mind but I had to post this video of your pick. This is interesting

Arts Pick
Roger Hardin

Postby Roger Pratt » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:24 pm

Absolutely Beautiful Art, One of my favorite hymns. That pick of yours looks great too. Tell us how to get one if they are for sale and I assume they are. Thanks!
Roger Pratt

Postby Art Sims » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi Roger Hardin
Thanks for your encouragment about my arrangement and playing. Thanks too, for taking note about my guitar pick and posting the video about it. I had that video up for a short time last year and got more orders than I could fill. Just recently I've had it back online.
Art Sims

Postby Art Sims » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi Roger Pratt
The pick doesn’t work for everyone. Flatpickers tend to like what it offers and a few thumbpickers like it, but I’ve found that, generally, advanced thumbpickers are rather settled in what they do, and my pick does take some getting used. The metal part is handmade from stainless steel and I have to get 20 bucks for it. For now, it comes in just one size. Doesn’t sound like I’m trying to sell them, I guess, but I do sell some. If you’d like to, you can send an email to pickhinge@aol.com and get a reply page with photo and explanation about what someone has to do to use the pick, size, how to order, etc.
I have another video demo about the pick that I’ll post in the video section of the board just in case some might notice it there and possibly be interested. Thanks for your encouraging remark about my posting of that great old hymn and your interest in my pick.
Art Sims

Return to Audio files