Problem with Nashville Classic fixed!

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Problem with Nashville Classic fixed!

Postby Tom Workman » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:18 pm

Hi, all... Some of you may recall that I posted back in June on the support page about my Nashville Classic being too bass-heavy for my liking and I appreciate the suggestions I received in response. Well, anyway, I "FINALLY" got around to trying my idea of lowering the bass side of the neck/bar pickup yesterday afternoon. I opened it up to find one thin wooden shim on each side and I removed the one from the bass side, reassembled everything and am happy to say that did the trick! While I was at it, I filed one fret a little where I was getting some buzz, adjusted the truss rod to remove a very slight concave bow, both of which allowed me to lower the action to my liking and topped it off with a new set of D'Addario Nickel-wound EXL115W strings. What a difference all these little things made. I just finished giving it a good test drive and it sounds and plays great! (I play it through a Traynor ycv20wr tube amp which makes for a great sounding combination as well). O.K., just thought some of you might be interested in how I made out. Regards, Tom W.
Tom Workman

Re: Problem with Nashville Classic fixed!

Postby Roger_Pratt » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:16 pm

Good to know Tom, Thanks!
Roger_Pratt

Postby Chuck » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:32 am

Excellent Tom. Those are my go to strings as well. Congrats!
Chuck

Postby Vidar Lund » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:28 pm

Well done, Tom! Chet did exactly the same with his guitars, working on them until he was satisfied with sound and playability. When I bought my secondhand 2003 model Nashville Classic in 2010 I had to adjust the bridge pickup to get the right balance between the two pickups. I don't think the previous owner had played it much, or had noticed the fault.
Vidar Lund

Return to Guitars and Equipment