Gretsch Electromatic Velvet Touch Strings

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Gretsch Electromatic Velvet Touch Strings

Postby padenmtjr » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Does anyone know where one could find these strings. Does anyone know the story behind these strings, ETC. I would appreciate your help. Thank you for your time. Paden Thompson. My e-mail is [ pterpris@yahoo.com ]. You can e-mail me or put response on site, ETC.
padenmtjr

Re: Gretsch Electromatic Velvet Touch Strings

Postby Roger Pratt » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:03 am

Roger Pratt

Postby padenmtjr » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Thanks Roger I will check it Out.
padenmtjr

Postby padenmtjr » Sun May 08, 2011 12:27 am

Hi again I have checked out the internet sites and all the musical sites, ETC. No one has these strings, some say they may be discontinued item. I wonder if Vinci made the strings, I know Vinci is out of business now. They seam to go about the same time. If anyone can add to this I would appreciate it. Thank you Paden.
padenmtjr

Postby padenmtjr » Wed May 11, 2011 9:53 am

Thanks Jay for your response. I will check it out. Paden
padenmtjr

Postby Forwardlook77 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:05 pm

I was in Fullers Vintage Guitars here in Houston a week or so ago and they had some in stock. http://www.fullersguitar.com/ They don't have them on the website but if you call or email them you may be able to purchase them..
Forwardlook77

Postby thenorm » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:33 pm

"...anyone know the story behind these strings..."
If they're what I think they are, Gretsch made a limited run of them for their anneversary event a couple of years ago. May not have been an anneversary but some kind of big to-do. Unfortuantely they did not tell the public they would be a limited run. That, or sales did not encourage continuance of the item(s)

This is one of the reasons I always tried to keep my peripheral items (picks and strings and suchlike) to items one could expect to find in any reasonalbly stocked guitar store. I use D'Addario strings and Dunlop thumb and fingerpicks (fingerpicks for my dobro) because I know most stores carry those.

Back In The Day I used to buy the roundbox Gretsch 'Chet Atkins' 672 strings and Still miss them. Learned my lesson at that time to keep such things as generic as possible.

I'm pretty sure Gretsch strings are made by D'Addario anyway. Could be wrong but I believe they use them as stock strings on their new guitars.
thenorm

Return to Guitars and Equipment