Pricing Gibson Country Gentleman FOR NORM!!

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Re: Pricing Gibson Country Gentleman FOR NORM!!

Postby thenorm » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:00 pm

It is indeed another topic...

Lists are, after all, opinions and not everyone will agree on ranking on any list.
thenorm

Postby Vidar Lund » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:01 pm

From e-bay. These are Gibson Chet Atkins Tennesseans, not Country Gentleman, at a price of a little over US$ 1500. That may give an idea of the possible price of a Gibson CG, a higher class instrument.

http://search.eim.ebay.no/Musikkinstrum ... 243-1&eb=Søk
Vidar Lund

Postby albertgen » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:59 am

I put the Gibson CG right up next to the Gretsch 59 RI. I think it is great in its own right and a lot of times took it over the 59 just because it is thinner. I bought my first Gibson CG in 86. I got one of the first ones made. I didn't like it. It was a dark wine Red(almost Black) heavy guitar. The only thing I liked on it was the red fretboard markers. Then Chet or Gibson(probably Chet) decided to change things. First they moved the knob out of the way of the bigsby arm (nice touch) then they put the switch up top (another great move), then they put in a lighter type wood center block which warmed it up considerably, put on thumbnail position markers and came out with a beautiful Sunrise orange color with great tiger maple on top and back. When I seen that I sold the one I had and bought my orange one in 93. I love that guitar, its a keeper and a fine instrument to own. They are worth a lot in my opinion. The Gretsch 59NC? A keeper too! Al
albertgen

Previous

Return to Guitars and Equipment