Delay

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Delay

Postby randyparker » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:21 am

I'm looking for a delay that works good and user friendly. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
randyparker

Re: Delay

Postby TMilcich » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:04 am

I recommend the Roland Boss DD-20 Giga Delay. Has 2 foot-switches. One for on/off the other for presets. It has some really great presets and various settings like vintage tape and stereo input/output. I love a little delay and I don't get too fancy with it but I love this model. There is a learning curve, but worth it in my opinion. Lots of choices for all my moods. I have numerous guitars, but my main three are my Yairi Classical, Godin Nylon SA and a '72 Les Paul (that I bought in '72!). I play with 2 amps, a Peavey 30 tube and a Crate 60 watt acoustic. Hope this helps. :lol:
Tim Milcich
Lakeland, FL
TMilcich

Postby randyparker » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:28 am

Tim,
Thanks for the input on the delay. I posted a while back and none responded. I guess you gotta be in the click.
Randy Parker
Kiefer, Ok
randyparker

Postby RandeDager » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:14 am

Hi Randy,

I wouldn't take it too personally. It seems to be a matter of timing and whether or not people have anything to say on a particular topic. I've posted a lot of items without a response. Sometimes the responses are very delayed and I'll see them days or weeks later. Many members don't check in every day. Of course my posts aren't usually in the form of a question. People are very friendly and helpful here. I don't think anyone cares WHO posted it unless they are personal friends. I'll answer any question I can, regardless.
Rande
RandeDager

Postby guitarchuck » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Randy,
I use a Digitech RP355 now. It's a multi-effects box, not real hard to program. It does all kinds of things, but I mainly use the Echoplex™, Lexicon™ reverb, and the built in tuner. The volume pedal is handy too. It does several types of delays. You can record with it through a usb cable connected to your computer. It also has a looper and a drum machine built in.
I'm in the next town over, Sapulpa, OK.
guitarchuck

Postby randyparker » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi Rande & Chuck,
Thanks for helping me understand how the msg board works. I used a poor choice of wording to describe
my frustration of no one replying to my question. If Chet boarders' are a click, I sure want to be a part of it. I have learned volumns of info on this forum. Thank you Chuck for your informative response.
Randy
randyparker

Postby guitarchuck » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:05 pm

Welcome to our "click" Randy! :D Feel free to ask a question or make a comment any time. Out of curiosity, I just clicked on "unanswered posts" and found 130 of them! :oops: If someone doesn't answer your question in a few days, it won't hurt to ask again. Remember, we're just a mouse click away. :D
guitarchuck

Postby Roger Pratt » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi Chuck....I bought a Digitech RP355 also and I have stopped carrying amps when I play out. I use the house PA or in a pinch I carry a Yamaha MSR100 powered speaker similar to what Rick Allred uses and it is more than substantial. The RP355 is a great little pedal and surprisingly easy to use because I am "pedal-dumb". I took the basic Deluxe model and tweaked it to fit all of my electric guitars....GREAT SOUND!!!
Roger Pratt

Postby guitarchuck » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Roger,
I've used the Deluxe Reverb on the RP355 too. It does sound great. The only thing that I don't think sounds quite right on the pedal is the spring reverb. It doen't get the Fender reverb sound quite right in my opinion. But the Fender Deluxe Reverb amp simulation has a great tone. In fact, I think a Fender Deluxe Reverb is one of the best guitar amplifiers ever built.
guitarchuck

Postby albertgen » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:02 pm

Amen Chuck, As far as delay goes I have a lex 42 and and old tube echoplex. I mostly use the tube echoplex with the fender deluxe reberb. Al
albertgen

Next

Return to Guitars and Equipment