Bigsby

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Bigsby

Postby Joeb » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:26 am

I just installed a VIBRAMATE BIGSBY SPOLIER on one of my Grestchs and I gotta say that changing the strings is a breeze. That fooling around with those stupid pins on the shaft is just a pain in the butt gone forever. At age 69 it became to much a of job. I have< 7 Gretsch all with Bigsbys on them> Stringing any guitar shouldn't take a 1/2 hour of time.The the VIBRAMATE SPOLIER is well built out of stainless steel and is solid as a rock.Made in AMERICA to boot. It went on in 5 seconds and restringing was about 10 minutes with my electric string winder on my drill. What a joy. I just thought I'd pass along my experience with it. It didn't change any thing on the guitar it's self and to tell you the truth It added a classy look to the Bigsby unit itself. I used the bigsby handle for quite a time after installing it and it stays in perfect tune. Get one you won't regret it my fellow pickers. All the best Joe. No I don't work for VIRBAMATE jI'm ust trying to spread the good word about the simple solution to the pin problem. I aslo put a CALLAHAM bigsby shaft on another one of my gretschs and it's good to. A little more work involved by pulling out the pins that was not to hard to do with a pair of vice grips. It slid in easy as pie and stays in perfect tune when using the bar. They cost about 15 buck more then the VIBRAMATE that's would be the only down side to it.Go on Ebay and check out the best prices on both of these time savers. All the Joeb
Joeb

Re: Bigsby

Postby DagerRande » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Joeb, of all the things you just posted, I couldn't help but to notice the fact that you are 69. When is your birthday? I'm comparing because today I'm 69 & 1/2!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Roger_Pratt » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:22 pm

Thanks Joe B!! I just ordered one!! Hope this finds you and your wife doing well. Roger
Roger_Pratt

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:52 pm

I have one, too. I used it on a Les Paul I had for awhile and it worked great, but I sold that guitar. I used it on the Nashville Classic I owned for awhile and it was great on that, but it was chrome and didn't look too good, so I reverted back to the normal way before I sold the guitar. It's not hard to use, either. Here is a link to a video of the installation. I think it's great.
Ray
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3QT_kWQDq4
Ray Bohlken

Re: Rande

Postby Joeb » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:50 pm

Hi Rande Joe here again my birthday is march 19th . Take care buddy and enjoy that guitar when you get it back. All the best. Joe
Joeb

Postby DagerRande » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:54 am

Joeb, I'm exactly 10 days older than you! March 9, 1949!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to Guitars and Equipment