Gretsch Streamliner...nice!

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Gretsch Streamliner...nice!

Postby ajbremer » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:52 am

Friday - April 20th, 2018

Just picked up a Gretsch Streamliner G2420T from my local guitar center. I bought it used but it is in very new condition, a gold dust color. Paid $400 for it and they are around $500+ new.

Even though it's considered a low-end Gretsch, it sounds fantastic! I've owned a Country Gent before (shouldn't have sold it) and it's almost like I've got it back in my hands again. I plug it directly into my Macbook Pro using Logic, create some settings that sound like the tune I"m working on (Take Five), and load up Chet doing it and then play along with it.

It's kind of bringing life back into me, ya know, when you get a guitar in your hands where it's all in tune, intonations correct, and sounds 'right'.

Anyway, just gett'in excited...sorry.
ajbremer

Re: Gretsch Streamliner...nice!

Postby LMark » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:09 pm

Congratulations AJ !

It looks like this: https://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/bui ... 2800600544

I have a 2622t. A nice little inexpensive instrument. Very fun to play. Very well built. I really like the fine wire frets. They give a "snap" reminescent of the early Chet. I'd like to play one of the "Vintage Select" models for the same reason (but $!$!$!$!). The pickups on the streamliners are quite interesting. They look like--but are not--those gummy, undefined things that came on the 5120 series. These remind me of the tone on Paul Yandell's video--the big red Gibson CG. https://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/bui ... 2800600580

LMark
LMark

Re: Gretsch Streamliner...nice!

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:13 pm

I think you're going to enjoy your new Gretsch. I've played those at the local Guitar Center and really liked the way they felt and sounded. A friend of mine got a Gretsch 5420 recently and he likes it a lot, but I haven't had a chance to try his out yet. Have fun with it.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Return to Guitars and Equipment