RC Allen Uncle Chester

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

RC Allen Uncle Chester

Postby Ray Bohlken » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:19 pm

I was checking out used and vintage guitar sites and ran across this guitar. It is kind of neat...an R.C.Allen Uncle Chester model - kind of a copy of Chet's D'Anglico Excel. I thought y'all might be interested in seeing it.
Ray

http://guitars.com/inventory/ex1269-200 ... le-chester
Ray Bohlken

Re: RC Allen Uncle Chester

Postby LMark » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:46 am

Gruhn has had that for quite a long while. R. C. Allen. Makes me think of dear Bob Saxton. He had at least one really nice big R. C. Allen as I recall. He sometimes brought it to CAAS. LMark

P.S. Belated best wishes for a Happy Winter Festival and especially a Merry Christmas to all!
LMark

Postby Ray Bohlken » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Now that you mention it, I may have already posted about this guitar once before. If I get the urge to check my posts and find that I did, I will immediately check myself into the local home for the Zany and Doofus. :)

I had the good fortune to speak with Bob Saxton at a couple of the conventions in Nashville, plus one of the Carolina Thumbpickers conventions. He was a really nice man. I think if you gave him the name of about any song, he would have a good version of it ready to play.

I hope everyone who comes here has a very Happy and Healthy New Year!

Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby tewhite » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:10 pm

I always noticed that Bob Saxton - while he was playing almost, all the time he was watching the audience not
looking down at his guitar . That takes a mighty good guitar player . It was hardly ever that he looked down but
just look out at the audience . He was so good and had practiced for so many years to be able to accomplish that.

You players Know That ! He was one of the most humbled men I had met there . I asked him a few times why
he didn`t do other special things at the Convention and he told me , " Awe , I can`t compete with those other
real good guys . Was always his answer I am sure he was mostly being Humble because he was Fantastic to do what
he did .. That`s For Sure -- Humble , never tried to boast or show off in the wrong way . Just wanted to get along and have Fun ! ! I felt that I got closer to him than some .. God Bless Him ! ! !

Terry White ..
tewhite

Postby DagerRande » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:29 am

I don't need to look down but I always do and that has to do with feeling that when I look at the audience I'm saying "Hey, look at me! I'm pretty great!". It was early programming.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to Guitars and Equipment