Voyage Air Guitar String Breakage

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Voyage Air Guitar String Breakage

Postby bill_h » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:12 pm

I'm playing a Voyage air guitar these days and it's working out really well except for a couple of problems. The main problem is I usually end up breaking a string or two when de-tuning the guitar before folding it up. It seems like 3 out of the last 5 times that happened to me. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong? I always make an effort to not let all the pressure off any 1 string at once.

Some of you know my situation in that I'm having to drive a truck these days so I can afford to play the guitar. The Voyage air guitar has really been a mixed blessing in that regard. On the one hand it's more portable and takes up a lot less space in the sleeper berth. But the downside is when it's time to get it out and play the entire process of unfolding it and tuning all 6 strings from scratch can almost be more trouble than it's worth sometimes given my limited time . In short, I can afford to play the guitar these days but don't have much time to pick the instrument up :( ( And of course, if you're me you have a hard time putting the thing back up without breaking a string or two :? )

Hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.
bill_h

Re: Voyage Air Guitar String Breakage

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:09 pm

Hi Bill. I found these videos at their web site which show how they suggest you do it.
I hope these help.
Ray

http://www.voyageairguitar.com/how-to-acoustics

http://www.voyageairguitar.com/how-to-electrics
Ray Bohlken

Postby bill_h » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:32 pm

Thanks Ray! One of the videos showed exactly what I was doing wrong, Thanks again.
bill_h

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:01 pm

I'm glad it helped fix the problem. Take care.
Ray Bohlken

Return to Guitars and Equipment