JERRY REED QUESTION

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

JERRY REED QUESTION

Postby charlie mccabe » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:36 pm

THANKS TO ALL FOR HELP ON THE PREVIOUS POSTS......YOU GUYS ARE A WEALTH OF INFORMATION.............JUST WONDERING WHAT THE NAME OF JERRYS FIRST INSTRUMENTAL AND LAST INSTRUMENTAL ..........THAT HE RECORDED ......
charlie mccabe

Re: JERRY REED QUESTION

Postby DagerRande » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:44 pm

Hey Charlie!
I'm not sure I could answer your question completely but it seems that his first instrumental would be either "Scarecrow" or "Down Home" that he sent a recording of to Chet which resulted in him being invited to come to Nashville. But I'm not sure about the first that he officially recorded? The last one must be one of those on his final albums like "Pickin" or "Finger Dancing"
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby charlie mccabe » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:22 pm

HI RANDE ...I WAS THINKING HULLY GULLY GUITAR AS THE FIRST ...........AND DONT KNOW ABOUT THE LAST......ITS FUN TO POST A QUESTION ABOUT JERRY AND JUST WATCH HOW FAST PEOPLE CHECK IT OUT ......HOW GREAT THAT JERRY LIVES ON ..... BY THE WAY WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO PUT SOME MORE OF THAT FANCY JAZZY GUITAR PICKING ON YOUR CHANNEL.......... I NEED SOMETHING GOOD TO LEARN ..........
charlie mccabe

Postby DagerRande » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:16 pm

Charlie, I think you'd get a lot more response to your question if more people saw it. People don't check in here like they used to. It seems to be only a handful. Right now I see more "Chet related" posts on FaceBook. A lot of the forum members are connected through FaceBook.

As far as my own videos, the one you saw was done by a 16 year old kid who is the son of a close friend of mine. I didn't want to depend on someone else every time I wanted to put something together. I'm now in a much better position to do it all myself. My challenge will be doing it all myself and of myself! The editing is likely to be challenging! I plan on doing a few before the CAAS convention in July. I'm sure there will be people reading this who will wonder what you're talking about asking ME to do a video!........lol. Thanks for your interest, Charlie!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby charlie mccabe » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:46 pm

RANDE....... JUST CHECKING ON THE PC......... FINGER DANCING CD RELEASE DATE 2000 ..........PICKIN CD RELEASE DATE 1998...... LETS GET IT ON CD RELEASE DATE 2008..... IF THATS RIGHT THEN MAYBE FOGGIE BOTTOM INSTRUMENTAL FROM THE LETS GET IT ON CD RELEASE DATE 2008 MAY OF BEEN HIS LASTI ...........I GET WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT FACEBOOK THE ONLY THING I DONT LIKE IS THERE IS SO MUCH OFF TOPIC STUFF TO SORT THRU WHERE AS HERE ITS SOLID CHET AND JERRY
charlie mccabe

Postby charlie mccabe » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:54 pm

SORRY RANDE............ I MEANT ......LETS GET IT ON....... RELEASE DATE 2006...... FOGGIE BOTTOM INSTRUMENTAL
charlie mccabe

Return to Guitars and Equipment