Fender Mustang III v2 Amp

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Re: Fender Mustang III v2 Amp

Postby Jim Prater » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:25 am

Thanks, Chuck. I pulled up the Fender site and it looks like the big difference is in the number of presets and the II doesn't have the stereo output jacks. There is only 12 pounds difference in the weight, so I may go for the III.
Jim Prater

Postby Art Sims » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:50 am

Question about this amp: Does using the stereo out jack cut the speaker sound? All the amps I've seen with a headphone jack do this when headphones are plugged in, so unless the stereo line out is separate from the headphone jack I would guess this amp behaves that same way. In other words, can you record your playing through this amp via the stereo line out and at the same time also hear what you are playing through the speaker?
Art Sims
Art Sims

Postby guitarchuck » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:43 pm

Art,
I haven't had the opportunity to try the xlr line outs, but I think I found the answer to your question:

http://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=85474

According to these guys, the speaker is not muted when using the xlr outs.

The headphone jack does mute the speaker when you plug headphones in.
guitarchuck

Postby guitarchuck » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:31 pm

Musician's Friend has a great deal on the limited edition RED Mustang III v2, just like mine for $249.99 right now! Here's the link:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/fender-mustang-iii-v.2-100w-1x12-guitar-combo-amp

You have to click on the "select a style" button and choose "Red" to get that price.

If I had the extra money right now I would by a spare!
guitarchuck

Postby LMark » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:20 pm

Re-opening an old thread. Chuck, can you approximate the sound of the Standel by playing around with the Fuse software? Or without? Just curious. LMark
LMark

Previous

Return to Guitars and Equipment