CAAS 2014 - TV Jones Paul Yandall Duo-Tron Pickups

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Re: CAAS 2014 - TV Jones Paul Yandall Duo-Tron Pickups

Postby Norm » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:13 am

The difference in resistance is obviously homage to Chet's 59 setup he devised. It is one of the best setups for getting the best possible balance and response from a guitar pickup setup I've ever run across.

I'm sure Paul would tell you "run the pickups full out, back off on the bridge pickup a little and control your tone and volume from your amp."
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby George Beasley » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:46 pm

I got my pair for $160 each...$320 for the set (the first production set sold...it was the sand blast finish). There was an upcharge for the finish. Ms TV didn't know what to call it on the first pair, so she just called it the "Fancy Finish" on the receipt.

I hope to install the first pair this weekend...but it will be in a Tele, so vids of Paul Mosely (he bought the second set sold, but the first chrome finish...and also the first production set installed in a guitar) with the chrome set in his Gretsch will be more accurate for most folks.
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

Postby Jim Prater » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:40 pm

George,
Let us know what kind of sound you get with the Tele. I am thinking of doing the same thing.
Thanks.

Jim Prater
Jim Prater

Postby craigdobbins » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:09 pm

Tom brought a cheap Tele to Nashville a couple of years ago, loaded with prototype pickups for Micah and myself to try. I think Eddie Estes was there too. They sounded great, and the guitar sounded somewhere between a Fender and a Gretsch.
craigdobbins

Previous

Return to Guitars and Equipment