In the mood

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

In the mood

Postby Jan Van Hocht » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:10 pm

I'd like to learn to play "In the mood" like a good friend from Chet, namely Rick Allred, plays it on youtube. Is there someone who analized allready the tabs that Rick plays, because he himself with all his talents plays it and developed it on a natural way over the years. Maybe Ludwig Boeckmann can play it to, I don't know. I would like to know the tabs and eventually I hope for an answer from Ludwig to.
Jan Van Hocht

Re: In the mood

Postby Len R » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:43 am

I'd also love to get the tab for this. Jan, I think you are referring to Rick's "Big Band Medley", which includes In The Mood, and Chattanooga Choo Choo, and others. Rick's playing is wonderful and I would be in fingerpickin' heaven if I could learn the entire arrangement. Here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CFSGsup_MY (hope the link works).
Thanks,
Len
Len R

Re: In the mood

Postby Jan Van Hocht » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Hello Len,

Indeed I ment that "Big band medley" from the superb Rick Allred. I'm now trying to find out how he does it. It 's verry difficult because I'm not a good player. Ithink it will be a year at least to play it rather weel, because vieuwing on that speed is difficult. Maybe i can on some way or another try to slow it down, or the film or the sound or both. I know there are machines that can do it. Anyway, Ilooked around everywhere and i mailed Rick himself, but i didn't had a result. Rick said to me that he plays it on a natural way, so i don't want to bother him no further, because he has, no doubt ,other things to do. If you should know some manner to find out the tabs, let me know it. If I can find the tabs I'll send it to you.

greetings,
Jan Van Hocht ( Belgium)
Jan Van Hocht

Return to Guitars and Equipment