Duane Eddy Guild T-400 limited edition

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Duane Eddy Guild T-400 limited edition

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Guild Guitars has announced a limited run T-400 guitar as a tribute to Duane Eddy's DE-400 guitar of the '60s. It features a solid spruce top with maple back and sides. The guitar is a short scale model with a 1.68" neck width, and available in blonde or sunburst. Jeff Looker at Acoustic Vibes Music in Tempe, AZ just took delivery of the limited edition model. For contact info check his website.

Jeff Looker - http://WWW.Acousticvibesmusic.com
Attachments
Duane Eddy (3).jpg
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Re: Duane Eddy Guild T-400 limited edition

Postby Ray Bohlken » Fri May 24, 2013 10:39 pm

This is a great looking guitar. Duane has been with Guild a couple of times, Gretsch a couple of times, and GIbson once...and the thing is...on all those guitars he sounded exactly like Duane Eddy. I hope this model does well...I always liked his playing and his sound.
Ray

https://www.google.com/search?q=duane+e ... 24&bih=614
Ray Bohlken

Re: Duane Eddy Guild T-400 limited edition

Postby synchro » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:17 pm

I bought one of these. It's basically a long-scale Byrdland with better pickups. :) It is surprisingly resonant and very warm. Through an amp it's quite versatile. The neck pickup is as far neckward as it can be and the bridge pickup is quite close to the bridge. Resultingly, it's very bright on the bridge pickup alone, very warm on the neck pickup alone and very nice with both pickups selected. The small Guild hum buckers are somewhat like Gretsch Filtertrons, but with a more complex set of overtones. It does Chet-style very well, but is not exactly the '60s Gretsch sound.
synchro

Return to Guitars and Equipment