Chet Studio CE-Prismatone-Phil Jones amp

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Chet Studio CE-Prismatone-Phil Jones amp

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:49 pm

Today I played a couple of songs at a neighbor's funeral, which is not something I relish doing, but you do what you can when asked. I traveled light with my Gibson Chet Studio with the recently installed Sam Kennedy Prismatone II pickup, an 11 lb. Phil Jones amp, and guitar stand. I was amazed how well that combination easily projected in the small chapel. The amp provided just enough volume with plenty to spare and the Studio/Prismatone combo provided the tone which made "How Great Thou Art" and "Amazing Grace" all the easier to play.

My appreciation to Sam Kennedy for the Prismatone developement, Paul Yandell for his support of Sam's project, and Mark Piper for the excellent job of installing it in my guitar. The Studio is a wonderful guitar and I appreciate Chet Atkins' encouraging Gibson Guitars and Kirk Sand to collaborate on it. Thumbs up on the Phil Jones amp also.

Thanks,
Ronnie Evans
Last edited by smokymtguitar09 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Re: Chet Studio CE-Prismatone-Phil Jones amp

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Sorry, I misspoke when referring to my lightweight amp. It is a Phil Jones model rather than Dale Jones who happens to be a steel guitar player I used to know. The Phil Jones Cub amp is a good amp and Dale is a good steel player.

Thanks,
Ronnie Evans
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Re: Chet Studio CE-Prismatone-Phil Jones amp

Postby tacomamanguy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:18 pm

Ok, you're the guy I need to talk to. Can you please tell me what year is my Chet Studio CE? I won an auction on ebay, and theres pics of it on ebay, take a lookhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&hash=item1c1686d798&item=120637020056&nma=true&pt=Guitar&rt=nc&si=K7UFVYl60eeuWecyHYSPK1R3cMo%253D

please let me know.
tacomamanguy

Return to Guitars and Equipment