Gibson CG Pups on Ebay

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Gibson CG Pups on Ebay

Postby LMark » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:06 pm

For those looking for a set of CG pups, the ones listed here are, i believe, the real deal. And a good price too:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123
LMark
LMark

Re: Gibson CG Pups on Ebay

Postby Billy Anderson » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:20 am

I may be sorry, but I just purchased this set to put in my Epiphone Dot in an attempt to come up with a poor man's GC/Tenn. Hope I didn't blow $120.00 chasing my dream. Just proves what my wife says about me and guitars. If any one has any advice regarding this installation, feel free to hit me with it. Thanks. KOPAP. Billy
Billy Anderson

Postby thenorm » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Biggest issue of course will be whether they'll mount easily in the body cavity of your guitar.

That was a good price. You got two for what one of some of TV Jone's pickups cost.

Take your time and think things through as you do the project and you'll probalby be OK

Hope it gives you what you want tone wise
thenorm

Postby tyguy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:10 pm

Billy Anderson wrote:I may be sorry, but I just purchased this set to put in my Epiphone Dot in an attempt to come up with a poor man's GC/Tenn. Hope I didn't blow $120.00 chasing my dream. Just proves what my wife says about me and guitars. If any one has any advice regarding this installation, feel free to hit me with it. Thanks. KOPAP. Billy

Should drop right in.Easier than usual also since,they come with the pup rings.I've replaced dozens of Epi pups with Gibsons and SD's(mine and others).Perfect fit.They fit in Epi Sheraton with no mod so should fit in Dot.If anybody wants 'em I've got about 8 or so Epi pups for 10.00 apiece.Must buy 'em all though.I hope the new pups improve the tone in the Dot.SD '59's didn't do a thing for the Sheraton I had but on my Epi LP an unbelievable difference.I never have regrets in upgrades on cheaper gits because I then have the best parts available(what I like)if I get a good deal on a name brand.That 492 neck pup is awesome. The Best, TY M.
tyguy

Postby Billy Anderson » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Thanks for the info, guys. We'll hope for the best and see what happens. Billy
Billy Anderson

Postby LMark » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:30 pm

The secret in those PUPs is Alnico II (2). It gives a much sweeter tone than Alnico V or Ceramic magnets.
LMark

Postby Billy Anderson » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Thanks for the secret to that sound. KOPAP. Billy
Billy Anderson

Postby Vidar Lund » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:29 pm

Congratulations, Billy. People have tried to get hold of that pair of pickups for a long time without success, only one of them. So you must count yourself lucky.
Vidar Lund

Postby Billy Anderson » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:20 pm

I do consider myself lucky but I owe it all to LMark who made the post above with the link. I just did the easy part and whipped out the old credit card. The hard part was convincing my wife that I needed to buy these pup's as soon as possible lest I lose out on the deal of the century. I just received notice that the shipment went out today so It will probably be a week or so before they get here. I can hardly wait (that wet spot on my shirt is drool). I will let you guys know how it all works out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. KOPAP. Billy
Billy Anderson

Postby Vidar Lund » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:38 am

And here´s the Gibson Chet Atkins Country Gentleman with those pickups:
http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/electr ... leman.html
I wonder if that armrest is available separately.
Vidar Lund

Next

Return to Guitars and Equipment