To Jean-Francois

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

To Jean-Francois

Postby amdyck » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:02 pm

You mentioned that in recording "Streets of Laredo" you used a Takamine and an external Samsung mike.
Were you using the Takamine without its electrical features and using the external mike alone ?
I am assuming that your Takamine is a classical electric.

Thanks, Alan
amdyck

Re: To Jean-Francois

Postby chet1952 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi Allan,

The guitar I own and using on that clip is a non-electric classical guitar,
it is a 1978 model if I remember (C136) it is not a really expensive guitar but it sound really good to my ear.

The microphone I'm using it is not a ''Samsung'' but a ''Samson C01U USB Condenser'
it as a built in pre-amp in it, the advantage is that the sound is really good for the price because the preamp help alot
but the disavantage is that USB have a latency witch means that you when you record the track you can be out of sink after the recording, so you have to replace your wave file to be on time with the other track.

But for a Classical recording latency does not really matter because you play all alone. :D

After that recording I did some compression and also some reverb but these two are very subtle.

If you have other question feel free to ask

Take care
Jean-François
chet1952

Postby amdyck » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:35 pm

How do I connect this mic to a Kustom Tube12A practice amplifier Jean ? I can plug in my Fender to this small amp using a standard American 1/4 inch plug, but that is all. Is there some kind of conversion plug available ? I suppose I can ask the sales person at my store.

Thanks,

Alan
amdyck

Postby chet1952 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Hi Alan

This microphone is made for a computer use only , it is using the power of the USB computer to make the built in preamp
to work,

so there is no way to make it work on a guitar amp.

also if you are using this microphone for live performance you will hear the sound of your guitar with a delay from the pc
due to the latency, so that won't be usefull for that.

Thanks
have a nice weekend
Jean-Francois
chet1952

Postby amdyck » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:49 pm

Merci Jean,

Il me semble que Je trouve un autre solution.

Alan
amdyck

Return to Guitars and Equipment