eBay 1991 GIBSON CHET ATKINS FLEUR DE LIS GUITAR

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

eBay 1991 GIBSON CHET ATKINS FLEUR DE LIS GUITAR

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:49 pm

There's an early custom Gibson Chet Atkins Studio on eBay 'Buy Now'. It would be be a good opportunity for any collector with deep-pockets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-GIBSON-CHE ... 3f0cfd7fa1
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Re: eBay 1991 GIBSON CHET ATKINS FLEUR DE LIS GUITAR

Postby Phil Waldron » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:44 pm

Nice Guitar but I will stick with my Sand.
Phil Waldron

Postby Gene Lynch » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:39 pm

That price makes a Sand downright reasonable!
Gene Lynch

Postby RandeDager » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:06 am

I doubt that the asking price is based on the same criteria as a Sand is. I'll never forget what all Kirk went through in the development of each guitar he made. I used to live about 100 miles North of his shop and I went down there often to see the progress on the one he was making for me. He would also send "prenatal" pictures periodically. Those of you who have visited there may remember when he moved from his old workshop to his new one upstairs in about 1994. Mine was one of his last batch before the move. I waited 11 months and it was beautiful and felt perfect to me. It may have been psychological, but I found myself able to play things more smoothly than before. Unfortunately I had to let it go a few years ago and have "replaced" it with a Godin Multiac. It's just not the same.
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Phil Waldron » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:31 am

If I was going to spend seven grand on a guitar I would definitly spend on the one below that Kirk has advertised on his website. There is no comparison between this custom handmade guitar and the the Gibson "factory" guitar. Even though based on the Sand design it's not the same and never will be. Just my opinion.

Brazilian Rosewood Custom Order Nylon String Model – 2005
Built in 2005 this rosewood model was a custom order from a noted fingerstyle artist.

"It has the traditional 12th fret neck/body joint.
The rosewood on this instrument is the best I've had. It is healthy quarter sawn "The Kind" Jacaranda Brazilian rosewood.
It has a sleek body; depth is 3".
Sitka Spruce top. Ebony fingerboard.
Nut width is 2". Scale length is 25.5" with a low profile neck.
It has a Ray Butts preamp and L.R. Baggs hex-pickups. Great Sound!
Price Reduced to $7,000 w/ case, documentation and limited warrantee from Kirk."
Phil Waldron

Return to Guitars and Equipment