Sand Yandell Model?

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Sand Yandell Model?

Postby J Ewan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Anyone own or at least have played one of these? I would love to hear about it. I am really wanting one of these,but unfortunately my cash flow won't allow it right now.Thanks
J Ewan

Re: Sand Yandell Model?

Postby BillB » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:20 pm

I played the one that Kirk brought to CAAS in 2010, and it was a wonderful guitar. The neck was great, and the Prismatone sounded great through an AER amp that Kirk had there. Plus, it was a nice looking guitar as well.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby Len R » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:03 am

I ordered a Sand Yandell model at CAAS 2010, and received it in March 2011. The guitar is wonderful and exceeded my (high) expectations. Kirk, who worked with me to design various specs to my liking (nut width, string spacing, scale length, action, cosmetics, and inlay) was a pleasure to deal with. Always accessible, always responsive.

The Prismatone II pickup sounds great through almost any amp. A friend who heard it through a Fender Acoustasonic Ultralite (no longer in production) said he thought he was listening to a studio recording. And although it is designed to be played plugged in, it sounds sweet unplugged, which is how I play it late at night after the family is asleep. The guitar is also finished beautifully, top to bottom. Time permitting, I'll post a few photos later on.

Both the guitar and builder are top notch!

Len R
Len R

Postby Gene Lynch » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:04 pm

I also ordered one at CAAS 2010 and it arrived this past March. I've ordered and customized and agonized over a lot of stuff over the years, but this was by far the best "special order " experience I ever had. And the guitar that arrived is even better than I had any right to expect. All through the process, Kirk kept me informed with emails and pictures. He even called me one day just to be sure that we were on the same page with a custom touch or two that I wanted. The neck is perfect, the intonation is spot on all the way down the neck, the Prismatone II sounds great - its just everythingI ever wanted in a guitar. I have a roomful of instruments (just ask my wife!) but they are getting lonely - I play my Kirk Sand every day, and a lot of days I don't play anything else. I also was surprised how good it sounds unplugged. That's an extra I hadn't even thought about when I ordered it. Obviously, I can't say enough good things about the instrument or the the guy that built it. Sure, its a lot of money - but you could sell every other guitar you own! Its that good. :)
Gene Lynch

Postby Len R » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:43 pm

I agree completely with what Gene said. I had the same experience with Kirk during the build process, and the same outcome. Thank you Kirk!

Len
Len R

Postby keener » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:13 pm

If I could afford another guitar right now, this would be the one I'd get.
keener

Postby J Ewan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:20 pm

thanks for the responses, but you are killing me!
J Ewan

Return to Guitars and Equipment