CGP/Mister Guitar exhibit at HOF

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Re: CGP/Mister Guitar exhibit at HOF

Postby Tony Enamel » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:42 am

Well, already 4 signatures in just one day.

But I see this thread got more than 100 visits in the meantime. Perhaps some people hesitate to sign the petition, because they are not familiar with the process or because of other reasons.

Feel free to discuss it or ask questions here on the Chetboard. I hope I may find answers ...

http://www.change.org/petitions/country ... -july-2012

Ingo
If it ain't got the groove, the bodies won't move.
Tony Enamel

Postby John Knowles » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:05 pm

My son Jay and I visited Chet's exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame today. You could easily spend an hour watching the video clips, reading the exhibit labels and looking at Chet's guitars. Chet's workbench was one of my favorite things. It looks just like he left it. They interviewed Tommy, Steve and me and cut it in with clips of Chet talking and performing. There were several clips I'd never seen including some B&W film from 1944. Jay and I agreed they had done a good job of telling Chet's story. I wish I were going to be in town for the opening on August 10th. They will have an exhibit catalog ready for the opening. John
John Knowles

Postby RandeDager » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:46 pm

John, I hope you'll also let us know if we will be able to see it up until the end of the CAAS convention in 2012. Thanks.
Rande
RandeDager

Postby RonBloor » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi Ingo... I believe you have the wrong dates for CAAS on you petition.. They are July 7-11 2012..
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Tony Enamel » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:06 pm

RonBloor wrote:Hi Ingo... I believe you have the wrong dates for CAAS on you petition.. They are July 7-11 2012..

Ron,

thank you very much for noticing my petition.

I hate to disagree with you, but I think the exact date should be July 11-14 2012, just like I wrote it. This would be Wednesday to Saturday as usual.

Have a look at this:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1149
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 0705_n.jpg

I may tell you that the petition was already signed by a total of 21 people, including Pat Bergeson, Claes Neeb, Jerry Donahue, Julie Adams and Brooks Robertson.

Please join us and sign it and spread the word about it!

If we collect perhaps several hundred signatures within the next three weeks we might be able support people like John Knowles in their efforts to convince the Hall of Fame representatives of extending the exhibition. But we need a lot of "votes" to make an impact. It's so easy for everybody to contribute to it - and it's nothing controversial to be afraid of.

http://www.change.org/petitions/country ... -july-2012

Thank you very much!

Ingo
Tony Enamel

Postby RonBloor » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:26 pm

Hey Ingo... You got it right... I got it wrong!! Nothing unusual about that! I did sign the petition and I sure hope we can get the CMHOF to extend the exhibit. :) Take care.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby RonBloor » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:30 am

Hi Ingo.. I wonder if we could get the forum admin to put up a message on this forum and also on the picking room site in order to promote the petition. I'm a bit surprised that more folks haven't signed it! Everyone that I talked with at CAAS was disappointed about the HOF dates for the exhibit. I know some people are pretty wary of signing petitions, so perhaps that is why the response hasn't been better... All I can say is... come on Chetboarders!! No pressure. LOL
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Tony Enamel » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:22 pm

RonBloor wrote:Hi Ingo.. I wonder if we could get the forum admin to put up a message on this forum and also on the picking room site in order to promote the petition.

Good idea, Ron. I hope he reads it.

RonBloor wrote:I'm a bit surprised that more folks haven't signed it! Everyone that I talked with at CAAS was disappointed about the HOF dates for the exhibit. I know some people are pretty wary of signing petitions, so perhaps that is why the response hasn't been better... All I can say is... come on Chetboarders!! No pressure. LOL

I'm surprised, too, and also a little disappointed. I'm not doing this for myself. I have never been to the US and I'm afraid I won't make it to next year's CAAS. Many people here would "profit" from an extended exhibit. Some have already signed, but a lot haven't. It almost feels as if I have to beg for every vote.

Don't want to complain about anything, it was my free decision to start the petition. But I'm curious why people don't sign it. Perhaps they don't want their name and data displayed in public. But they can easily avoid it by unchecking the respective box.

Would be great to get any kind of feedback at least.

Thanks,

Ingo
Tony Enamel

Postby guitarchuck » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:51 pm

Ingo,
I signed, but the first time I clicked on the link I didn't sign. Your header reads:
Country Music Hall of Fame, Nashville/Tennessee: Extend Chet Atkins exhibition until July 2012.
I thought it should have read "until the end of July 2012".
I was a little confused by it, but it don't take much to confuse me. :lol:
guitarchuck

Postby Tony Enamel » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:19 am

guitarchuck wrote:Your header reads: Country Music Hall of Fame, Nashville/Tennessee: Extend Chet Atkins exhibition until July 2012. I thought it should have read "until the end of July 2012".

Chuck,

well, I have thought of various headers. But I decided not to ask for too much. Keeping it open "until the end of July" would have meant one and a half months longer than planned. For the CAAS folks, mid-July would be enough. So I decided just to go with "July". Does that mean July 1st? I thought that the explaining text had made it clear.

Regards,

Ingo
Tony Enamel

PreviousNext

Return to Guitars and Equipment