CGP/Mister Guitar exhibit at HOF

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Re: CGP/Mister Guitar exhibit at HOF

Postby Randy Finney » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:24 am

Ingo,

Your efforts are appreciated.

I suspect the exhibit dates were chosen deliberately to avoid the CAAS dates - almost certainly the "end" date. This is a marketing effort to entice people to attend at other times of the year, which is good for tourism.

I believe they will extend the exhibit but, it will not be announced until the eleventh hour. If they announce it too soon, CAAS attendees will just wait until next year's CAAS.

By not announcing it, at least a portion of these people - those afraid of missing it - will make the effort to attend, and, therefore, visit Nashville, before this. A game of chicken, really.

Of course, if I am wrong and some people miss the exhibit because they believed me, I may not be able to attend CAAS next year either!

Randy
Randy Finney

Re: CGP/Mister Guitar exhibit at HOF

Postby Tony Enamel » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:22 am

Randy Finney wrote:I suspect the exhibit dates were chosen deliberately to avoid the CAAS dates - almost certainly the "end" date. This is a marketing effort to entice people to attend at other times of the year, which is good for tourism.

This may be one reason. But it doesn't have to be that way.

Another point that comes to my mind is, that this may just be the standard rhythm for their special exhibits. Ten months open. And then from mid-June to mid-August two months time for deinstalling the old exhibit and building up the new one.

Of course, this is all speculation. But I wouldn't necessarily insinuate base motives - or do you have any insider information?

Anyway, please spread the word about the petition, everybody, and tell your friends about it by sharing the link on your Facebook pages and in Chet and guitar-related groups:
http://www.change.org/petitions/country ... -july-2012

Regards,

Ingo
If it ain't got the groove, the bodies won't move.
Tony Enamel

Previous

Return to Guitars and Equipment