Really Great App

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Really Great App

Postby Randy Finney » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:52 am

I don't know if this is old news but, I just discovered it and added it to my iPhone yesterday and it's great.

It is a fakebook of changes only, the iRealBook. You can edit the tunes to reflect Chet's or or your own changes. You can create original changes. And it is actually readable on your iPhone. You can also edit/create online or on your Mac Desktop.

It'll be great to have the changes to those thousands of tunes you don't know in your back pocket at a jam session - especially when you are nervous about being able to figure them out on the fly while under performance pressure, as I am.

Anyway, worth checking out http://irealbook.net/iReal_Book/Home/Home.html

Randy
Randy Finney

Re: Really Great App

Postby Russ B » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:17 am

Great tip. Also check out Amplitube free version for the iPhone. You have to have a guitar interface, but iRig works well, or you can buy other. The newest on the market for iPhone is AmpKit by Agile. It is based on the Peavey amp sound. You can also get the free version, and add pedals or amp heads by the in app purchase. They are a little pricy to me, but fun. AmpKit will record what you are playing. It will also need a guitar interface. They sell AmpKit Link a battery powered interface that is suppose to cut back on noise problems other cables have. Most of these programs are geared to the rock player, but I can get a fairly clean sound out of them. Great for practice. Will also work on an iPod Touch 2 gen or above.
Russ B

Return to Guitars and Equipment