Gibson Studio Classic for sale

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Gibson Studio Classic for sale

Postby Hendrik » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:11 am

Someone is selling his Studio Classic on a Dutch website. It's starting at €750 which is aprox $1000... that's a great price!

Just wanted to share this with everybody. Someone may have interest in it, apart from the shipping- and customs cost.

http://muziek.marktplaats.nl/snaarinstrumenten-gitaren-elektrisch/465064569-gibson-chet-atkins-studio-classic.html
Hendrik

Re: Gibson Studio Classic for sale

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:04 pm

From the photo it could be a narrow neck CE, but just not sure. There's no way I can ask the seller since I don't speak or write Dutch. Any other opinions of the neck size? Thanks!
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Postby thenorm » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:42 pm

Most Hollanders are fluent in english. Give him a try.

Shipping and customs fees would make it pretty expensive though.
thenorm

Postby Richard Hudson » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:09 pm

Google will translate. BTW, looks like a classical neck to me.
Richard Hudson

Postby David Elliott » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:24 pm

Actually, the United States is one of very few countries in the world that is not bilingual ! As a ham radio operator, one of the first things you'll notice when talking to other countries is that they often speak better English than many Americans! :lol:

David
David Elliott

Postby RandeDager » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:47 pm

David, I suspect that's because we have the language that everyone else in the world wants to speak. We already speak it so we aren't as motivated to learn another one. However, Spanish would unfortunately come in handy in your general "neck of the woods".
Rande
RandeDager

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:41 am

Roger,
You are apparently correct because I did get an answer back from the reply suggested by Norm. The neck width is said to be 5.5 cm which according to conversion charts is 2.17 inches, so close enough to call it a CEC version don't you think? However, the bidding is already escalating so who knows where it will go. I am interested in a CEC version and I'll be awaiting to see what the import duties and shipping would be and how the bidding goes.
Thanks
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Postby Hendrik » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:39 am

Ronnie, I've asked the guy the same question for you, but you already did :). It's indeed 5.5".

I'm from the Netherlands and I'm familiar with that site, it's like eBay but different. The bidding system is really crappy, if you place a bid then it doesn't count as a bid. It's more what you're willing to pay for it, so if you put €1.000.000 in it, it does the same.

My advice is to mail the seller with the price you're willing to pay. And of course if he is willing to ship to the States.

Good luck!
Hendrik

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:47 pm

It appears the latest 'willing to pay' offer July 15 is € 950,00 = 1 342,73 U.S. dollars if that conversion is correct. I still have to find out about the import duties and shipping.

All this sounds a little risky, but if their eBay system has some protection and if PayPal is an option it could still work. It's fun trying since these guitars are 'scarce as hen's teeth' !

Thanks for spotting this one and letting us with an interest know.
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Return to Guitars and Equipment