A place to stay during CAAS

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

A place to stay during CAAS

Postby multivir » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Hi there,

I'll be attending CAAS 2011 and I'm looking for a recommendation on where to stay. I'll have a rental car during my stay and had a look at other options than the Sheraton online. I expect long days and short nights during the convention, so I'd rather go for a more affordable option than the Sheraton. However, I'd like it to be nice & clean.
Any suggestions / experiences?

Thanks

Mathias
multivir

Re: A place to stay during CAAS

Postby Roger Pratt » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:43 pm

I always stay at the Red Roof Inn (7th year this time) that is a 5 minute drive from CAAS. I've always found it to be clean and comfortable and near many places to eat. It's about $50 per night. Some may call me cheap because I am...LOL. All I need is a place to sleep and shower. I stay at CAAS until my old body gives out and that's it. The Red Roof that I stay at is on Claridge Drive.
Roger Pratt

Postby RonBloor » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:04 am

I'm at the Alexis(600 Ermac Dr.) http://www.alexisinn.com/ This will be my 5th year staying there.. It's a little more than Roger's quote for the Red Roof, but not much. I think it might be a bit closer to the convention center. I've walked it, but because of sidewalks (NONE) and hills (BIG)... I usually drive.. 2 minutes.. Just to mention a couple more...
"The Homestead Inn"
http://www.homesteadhotels.com/property/homestead-studio-suites-nashville-airport-hotel.html
"The Extended Stay America"
http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/property/extended-stay-america-nashville-airport-hotel.html
Lots of CAAS folks that stay at these hotels, so there are usually rides if you don't have your car.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Townhallsavoy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:46 pm

Alexis Inn.

They had a special just last week for $69 a night. It's a really nice hotel especially for the low price. I've stayed there four or five times.
Townhallsavoy

Postby Jim Prater » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:08 pm

I have a room with two double beds at the Sheraton. I am looking for someone to share it and split the cost. If you are interested, my phone is: 678-617-7767 and my e-mail is: mejprater@aol.com.
Thanks.

Jim Prater
Jim Prater

Postby Skip » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:12 am

Save the money from the rental car and stay at the Sheraton, And if You get tired go to Your room freshin up for the next round. Unless You plan on leaving CAAS for other thing's You won't need a rental.
Skip

Postby Skip » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:22 am

By the way, what is car rental perday and mile ?
Skip

Return to Guitars and Equipment