Question About Sand Guitars

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Question About Sand Guitars

Postby Skip Ellis » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:45 pm

Been thinking of selling off a few things and purchasing a Kirk Sand guitar as my 'forever' now that I'm older, don't play out much any more, and don't need all the electric and high end steel strings in my stable. I've always thought of the Sand guitars as being perfect for fingerstyle/Chet/Jerry/etc. but I'm hesitant for one reason; the set in neck. Is it it possible to get the action down really low on these guitars much like you can on the Godin with it's bolt on design? I used to own a CEC and the action on it could go down all the way to the frets if you wanted. One of my pet peeves with instrument builders is having too shallow a neck angle to allow really low action. Any thoughts?
Skip Ellis

Re: Question About Sand Guitars

Postby srgntschultz » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi Skip, I have 2 Sand Nylon guitars and they are both the best I have and I love to play them. The action is very very low and no buzzing and it can go lower. I have it set just the way Kirk sent it to me and its perfect all the way up the neck. I also have a Gibson Chet Studio and they are basically all the same as far as the playability, but I have them all set up the same way. So no worries on the action on Kirks guitars. There is a good selection on reverb.com I know Kirk is pretty well back ordered currently. They also sound great unplugged also, so its a win/win.
srgntschultz

Return to Guitars and Equipment