question about Tru Arc bridge

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Re: question about Tru Arc bridge

Postby guitarchuck » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Mine came with the stock bridge. Yes you should count your blessings Mitch! I had to buy my Tru-Arc bridge. I wonder if they started putting them on the HOF guitars midstream of the second batch?
guitarchuck

Re: question about Tru Arc bridge

Postby lovechet » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:05 am

I recently developed buzzing on the e and B strings of my Japanese made Country Gentleman. Bought it six years ago. In addition to some fret issues which he says he can correct, my Luthier discovered that the stock gold bar bridge radius is much greater than the 12 inch radius of the neck. For me that's good news since according to some articles I have read this is a prevalent problem that causes buzzing with some Gretschs and fixing it will make me a lot happier, meaning I probably don't have a bad neck which can't be fixes ie not a lemon. The Luthier says he can re-radius the bridge and I was worried about losing the stock character of the guitar however I now see that if I need to I can always go to a Tru Arc which according to you people is a prevalent good solution.

If I were to buy a Brass Tru Arc where would I get it and does it come with the wooden base. I would think since the bridge I have is a rocking bridge that whatever I get from Tru-Arc it has to match that rocking setup.
lovechet

Previous

Return to Guitars and Equipment