Prayer for Bob Armstrong

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Prayer for Bob Armstrong

Postby BillB » Sun May 15, 2011 8:08 am

Please remember fellow guitarist, Bob Armstrong and his wife, Doris, in your prayers. I received word that he's been in the hospital all week after falling and breaking his left shoulder. He apparently had surgery on Wednesday and is expected to have a full recovery after several months. As you can imagine, this puts his guitar playing on hold for quite some time as well.

For those of you that know Bob, you probably also know that his wife has been struggling for several years with some sort of dementia, and this injury will make it tough for him to take care of a lot of the things that he has to do for her. I'm told that his son has been staying at their house this week, but I'm sure that he won't be able to keep doing that. I know they'd all appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks,
Bill B.
BillB

Re: Prayer for Bob Armstrong

Postby RandeDager » Mon May 16, 2011 8:30 am

Thanks for letting us know, Bill. Yes, I once rode with Bob to a TFGA meeting and it was nice to visit with him. He was a great guitarist, technically knowledgeable, and quite enthusiastic. He was also a very deep thinker, which I enjoyed. I wish him well.

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Postby BillB » Mon May 16, 2011 3:43 pm

Rande,
I remember Bob telling me about meeting you. He was quite impressed as well. If I get a chance to talk with him sometime soon, I'll let him know that you are thinking about him.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby RandeDager » Mon May 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi Bill,

Bob also used to email me quite often to ask my opinions on various matters after I left Texas.

thanks,
Rande
RandeDager

Postby BillB » Thu May 19, 2011 12:45 am

I talked to Bob on the phone this evening, and he sounded pretty good. He said that he didn't fall, but that he had a problem that came up suddenly with his shoulder requiring surgery and installation of a piece of metal. I didn't get all of the details, but he said he was told that he'd be able to play again. Unfortunately, he is just sitting around right now unable to pick up a guitar. Sounded like it was a pre-existing condition that suddenly gave him this problem.

He appreciates your thoughts and prayers.

Bill B.
BillB

Return to Announcement and News