CAAS newsletter #75 Reg form

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Re: CAAS newsletter #75 Reg form

Postby RandeDager » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:41 am

I'll never forget the first time I saw that picture. I was stationed at Ft. Benning in Georgia and I believe it was 1970. There was a local K-Mart in Columbus where I would periodically check for the latest Chet or Jerry record. One day, there it was.....a new record with Chet and Jerry together! I was already a big fan of Jerry's and had a few of his albums. Unlike today, there wasn't much advance notice of this and I never had any idea what Chet or Jerry were going to do next. To collaborate was almost a dream! I fell in love with that album! "Stump Water" was a mystery to me for several years. I continued to ask myself "How did Jerry think of that?" and "How in the world can I play it"? I created a few converts among the others in my barracks.

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Longridge » Fri May 13, 2011 7:25 am

UPDATE - May 2011 :)
Tommy Emmanuel's website calendar now shows he will be at CAAS all four days !!
-
Longridge

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Mark,
Great looking newsletter #75 cover. It reminded me I had not renewed this year, which I promptly got it in the mail. I believe I have all the newsletters back to 1992, and the publication has continually progressed and is appreciated.

If any CAAS or Chetboard members are traveling to the Great Smoky Mt. National Park I'll be performing at the Smoky Mountain Host Welcome Center in the Franklin, NC (US 441S) this summer in June & July Fri-Sun, Labor Day weekend, and during the fall color season. Call ahead for the schedule of FREE performances and craft demonstrations sponsored by the SM Host for travelers, with a picnic area and information about the Smoky Mountain area. If you get a chance stop by and say "howdy"!

I look forward to receiving the #75 newsletter

Thanks - Ronnie
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Previous

Return to Announcement and News