CAAS Convention Longevity Warning!

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

CAAS Convention Longevity Warning!

Postby Pickin Palmer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:47 am

I'm not quite sure if Doc & Carol Pritcher would approve of me posting this warning, and I have no vested interest in the convention. But, I will be a horribly disappointed “survivor” if it ever goes away and would like to share a little excerpt from my last two Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club eNewsletters that was intended to be a "minor" warning to "foot draggers." I didn't mean it to be an alarming, or a dooms-day statement - but, as Jack Webb would have said, "Just the facts, Mam – just the facts."

(exceprt)

"By the way, for those of you the have been "waitin' anuther year" - for several years - to go to your first Chet Convention - you might want to think about coming this year - as, the "contract negotiations" have become an annual crap shoot for Doc and Carol Pritcher - who guarantee the whole financial package, personally."

I would like to add another level of warning for the Chetboarders that fit that “wait n see” mold: If I were youz guys (I'm from NY, originally) I'd treat EVERY convention like it might be the LAST – especially THIS one.

“How pathetic, er prophetic, Palmer. :lol: (lol) “What do you base all this amazing wisdom on?”

Well, “rumor” has it that Tommy Emmanuel and Richard Smith (1st and 2nd best fingerstyle geetar pickers on earth) are BOTH going to be spending ALL FOUR DAYS AT THE CONVENTION! Not just around their performances like they have, recently.... But, rather out on the convention floor with the attendees – like they used to 20 years ago when they were struggling to get a name for themselves.

"I might have been born at night – but, it wadn't last night!!" Conrad Serina - deceased John Deere bass player, humorist, companion, fellow idiot - Columbus, Ohio
Pickin Palmer

Re: CAAS Convention Longevity Warning!

Postby DagerRande » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:56 am

Palmer, my summer school session started much earlier this year and my usual substitute for my classes every summer wasn't able to cover them this year. It was only 2 days ago that somebody was found and allowed me to be at CAAS
this year! I haven't mentioned how shaky the possibility was yet because I wanted to make sure before I said anything. I fully expected having to announce that I would miss this one. You just gave me another reason to rejoice that I'll be there!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Pickin Palmer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:22 pm

If you can you might want to see if that A Plus Property Mgt guy still has that suite available - it's a good deal...
Pickin Palmer

Postby DagerRande » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Thanks Palmer, for the last 10 years I've been staying with a recording engineer friend of mine who was a former student, which is also why you never see me at those late night gatherings that I know would be a lot of fun. I appreciate you trying to make that connection for me though!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby BillB » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:51 pm

I haven't been in a few years, but I'll be there this year, and staying there at the Sheraton. Won't arrive until Thursday, but I'm sure looking forward to seeing fellow CAAS folks.

Bill Bailey (yes, it's really my name)
BillB

Return to Announcement and News