Re: Live Picking - Texas Fingerpickers - Sweet Southern Soun

Postby PaulBennett » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:06 am

I am super pleased to get this info, both the Pickin' Room existence and KenG's. The 'Room' used to be busy on Fri and Sat nights. Perhaps we can mount a revival. I will try to contact Ken ... he used to have a monumental collection of mp3s available for download. Super news on a down (stock) day. Thanks for the info.
PaulBennett

Postby bill_h » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:43 am

After re-reading the thread I see that it was Len Collins who passed away and not Ken. So sorry to hear of Len's passing and glad Ken is still with us. Unfortunately it was me that exaggerated claims of Ken's demise :evil: :twisted: :oops: :oops: So sorry to have reacted to an event that never was. Glad I didn't know what I was talking about this time and wish I had read the posts on the thread more closely!
bill_h

Postby Pickin Palmer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:18 am

Thanks so much for that correction, Roger - I about had a heart attack myself reading that Ken passed. Bill meant Len...

It reminded me of 20 years ago when I decided to "pay something back" to my high school class by not only organizing our 40th Reunion, I put up a website - complete with a Deceased Classmate page. Well, I had a hometown insurance agency that helped me big time gather current addresses of my old classmates - and, of course, who was still "with us." We actually went from knowing where only 35 of our 121 classmates were to 112. (85 of them came to the 40th!) However, during the "collection" phase of the project someone reported that a particular classmate had passed away. I didn't know this person very well - but, dutifully reported it on that Deceased page.

A few months later this "deceased" classmate decided to come "home" and while she was here she thought she'd pay a visit to one of her friends from high school. Knocked on her door - and, her classmate about passed out when she saw her "dead" friend standing there. (I've since learned to RESEARCH news of passings a little more... (lol)

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Previous

Return to Announcement and News