Rebuilding My Nostalgia Chet Site

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Rebuilding My Nostalgia Chet Site

Postby baggetta » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:51 am

Hi, Folks. I haven't posted for some time, but I often check in to see what's going on on the Chetboard. As you might recall I had a website set up with a lot of various types of materials related to Chet. Well, it got rather expensive to keep the site going so I had to take it down. I don't charge anything for using this site so I have been searching for a way to post the material and I have found a free source I can post on. Although it does have some limitations. In any event I've posted some of the Gallopin' Guitar Newsletters from the original Chet Atkins fan club (started by Margaret Fields). The site only allows a 20mb upload and some of the Newsletters are larger, so until I can break them down I was only able to publish 11 of them. I'm also rebuilding my Chet British Seminar (from Chet's visit to Great Britain in 1983). I have lots of pictures from the event and the audio and transcription of his version of "Green Dolphin Street" posted at present. These photos, newsletters, and other materials have been generously donated by several of the members of this board, so that they can be made available to everyone. I hope to post more, so let me know if you enjoy this material and have any other material you would like to share.
Best
Al Baggetta

Link to Chet Atkins Gallopin Guitar: The Early Years
http://abaggetta6.wixsite.com/chetatkins
baggetta

Re: Rebuilding My Nostalgia Chet Site

Postby Norm » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:40 am

Too bad the CAAS/chetboard home office can't make an archive section to put such things in. One of the reasons I put the Paul Yandell book together was to try to put as many of Paul's comments in one source for the benefit of all. Otherwise this kind of information just kinda blows around like leaves in the fall and get forgotten
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby DagerRande » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:13 pm

Al, I LOVED your site and wondered what happened to it? Thanks for this link and your efforts in restoring it!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby KatelynP » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:01 am

Hi Al -- I'm so glad to see your site back up!! I remember looking at it a few years back and enjoying the content you had out on there. Thanks for posting the newsletters. I never actually thought I'd get a chance to see any of them. Looking forward to whatever you put up next.

P.S. on the old site, I think you had some tabs up that Chet did for a magazine (one of them was Vincent) Hope to see those make a return. I enjoyed learning from them :D
Katelyn
KatelynP

Postby baggetta » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi, Katelyn. Looking into posting those again. Not sure about copyright since I think Guitar Player owns the rights.
Al B.
baggetta

Postby bwalkertwalker » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:53 pm

Great site! I really enjoy perusing the old Gallopin' Guitar Newsletters.

Thanks for your efforts.

Brent Walker
bwalkertwalker

Return to Announcement and News