Pete Huttlinger RIP

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Pete Huttlinger RIP

Postby BillB » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:55 am

I'm sure by now, many of you have heard that Pete Huttlinger passed away yesterday. I never actually met him, but I've seen him in concert and seen some of his guitar videos. He was an excellent guitarist and teacher (via his DVDs). He had battled serious health issues over the last few year, but was able to carry on with his music career until yesterday. Here's a video that shows Pete's guitar skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU6LwBXyhDc

RIP Pete Huttlinger

Bill B.
BillB

Re: Pete Huttlinger RIP

Postby Richard Hudson » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:27 pm

That is just so very sad. I have felt so sorry for him because of the way he had to live with a heart that was trying to quit on him, but still at the same time, he was able to live longer because of the excellent care he received. Losing Pete is a huge loss for all of us. Such an incredibly gifted musician and teacher. My thoughts and prayers for his family.

Richard
Richard Hudson

Postby kwarren » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:59 pm

This is very sad news.
I had the fortune of seeing him perform several times at the Chet convention and considered him amongst the best fingerstyle players I had ever heard. I met and spoke with him at a restaurant here in Nashville and found him to be a very down to earth friendly guy.
He will be missed!
kwarren

Postby Roger Lane » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:02 pm

Thankful for the chance to see and hear Pete up close at last year's CAAS. He was a fine performer and teacher.
Roger Lane

Return to Announcement and News