20th Annual Odell Mertin Day

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

20th Annual Odell Mertin Day

Postby Scott Taylor » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:47 am

June 20th, 2015 from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM

This day is set aside to remember the late ODell Martin. Odell was a fine thumbpicker who played on the Grand Ol Opry, traveled and played with Paul Yandell and contributed to Chet's long list of recorded tunes with David's Dance. Musicians are invited to Odell's childhood home to perform their favorite tunes and share their favorite Odell memories. It's sure to be a day filled with fine music and fellowship so bring your lawn chairs and enjoy the day. Concessions will be available or pack your own picnic lunch.

We usually have some of the finest picker around like Eddie Pennington, Paul Moseley, Freddie Russell, Gerald Johnson, Gayle Moseley. Come by to add your talents to the musical party or just drop in to listen and enjoy the day with picking friends.

The event is held at Odell's farm on CM Martin Lane near Allegre, Ky. Go to our webpage at http://www.thumbpickers.org/News.htm for a map link. For more information, contact Freddie Russell at 1-270-265-0956 or 270-604-3959.
Scott Taylor

Re: 20th Annual Odell Mertin Day

Postby bill_h » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:35 am

Wish I could be there. Odell is one of the all time greats and David's Dance is one of the greatest tunes ever written in my opinion. I'll be there in spirit. I realize Freddie don't organize Odell Day for a bunch of spirits to attend but that's the best I will be able to do :(
bill_h

Return to Announcement and News