A concert of chamber music my wife and I attended

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

A concert of chamber music my wife and I attended

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:01 pm

On Thursday evening, my wife and I attended a concert of chamber music. It was JoAnn Falletta and Friends. JoAnn Falletta is the conductor for the Virginia Symphony and the Buffalo Symphony. She began her musical career as a virtuoso guitar and mandolin player, and in her twenties was often called to perform with the Metropolitan Opera and New York Philharmonic when a work called for a mandolin or guitar. She performed with a flute, clarinet, viola, and a cello, mostly in a trio setting, but one group of songs had the flute and the strings. It was a wonderful concert and it passed by so fast I couldn't believe that 2 hours had passed. We both just enjoyed the evening and the virtuosity of the performers.
She is the driving force behind a guitar competition and the details are listed below - 3 three great prizes. I would maybe qualify for 100th place and win the guitar pick used by Elmo Suggins when he played at the Pungo home for the zany near here.
I hope you all get to listen to something like this if you haven't already. It was just great.

Ray

JoAnn Falletta Guitar competition
http://www.fallettacompetition.org/news ... unced.html
Ray Bohlken

Return to Announcement and News