Inside Llewyn Davis Movie

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Inside Llewyn Davis Movie

Postby dgallent » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:24 am

This is a movie about a folk singer in New YorK in 1961. What interests me about this movie is the interview with the main star, fellow named Oscar Issac. In the interview, he stated that he went to Kentucky to learn to Travis Pick. Just wondering who taught him? I saw the previews and there was some might fine "thumbpicking" in the trailer.

Name of movie is "Inside Llewyn Davis"...it has great reviews.
dgallent

Re: Inside Llewyn Davis Movie

Postby dgallent » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:06 am

Christie and I went to see this movie yesterday. Overall I was disappointed and this was not the Coen Brothers best effort.

Llewyn is s struggling folksinger songwriter in NYC. He songs are okay but not great and he struggles. What made the movie long for me was having to sit through about 10 songs he sang. Every verse.

He was reported to have learned "Travis Picking" in Kentucky according to an interview. What he actually played was the "John Denver" roll (6-4). The soundtrack had someone doing the correct roll but the actor, who played his own guitar during the movie came up short with his picking.

I usually ask people who saw the movie with us what they thought and surprisingly most really liked it. I like the Coen brothers but it looked like that ran out of story.

The Movie opened at an independent theater in Nashville and now I know why.
dgallent

Re: Inside Llewyn Davis Movie

Postby J Ewan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:24 pm

I love the coen brothers... especially The Big Lebowski!!! ... but this film does not excite me.
J Ewan

Return to Announcement and News