Paul Yandell

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Paul Yandell

Postby Richard Hudson » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:22 am

The last few days I have been re-visiting Paul's CD, Down Through The Years. Paul's playing still brings a smile to my face as I listen to his uncanny skills, and how his unique musical taste and imagination along with his gentle touch, says so much about the kind of man he was. It has always been so very humbling to me that he took time to talk to me about my guitar playing and was always so gracious to critique what I played. Aside from guitar, Paul and I were friends, as I know many of you were too, but Paul was just like a big brother that was always there to keep me straight and take up for me if necessary. I really miss him.
Richard Hudson

Re: Paul Yandell

Postby Pickin Palmer » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:25 am

Dead on, Richard. I was just practicing his improv bridge to I'll Say She Does this morning with LOTS of coffee. Being the half-fast picker I am I usually think of the person that I "borrowed" a given lick from when I'm playing it - which means I think of Paul a lot. He left us a lot of "almost achievable" very tasteful licks.

BTW - I've been traveling a lot, lately, and I find your CD I got from you this summer in my player quite a bit. Wonderful touch and sound, my talented friend.

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Re: Paul Yandell

Postby Richard Hudson » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:06 pm

Thank you, Palmer. I really enjoyed playing for you in your room this past summer. Getting to pick with Larry Kent and his wife, Lori, was just icing on the cake. That was a natural fit for us. Drive safely.
Richard Hudson

Return to Announcement and News