Home of the Legends Thumbpicking Weekend!!

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Home of the Legends Thumbpicking Weekend!!

Postby Joe Hudson » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:23 pm

It is that time again!! International Home of the Legends Thumbpicking Weekend in Powderly, KY - Merle Travis Music Center.
We will be giving away another Gretsch (G6122-1958 Country Gentleman) to the Grand Champion of the Thumbpicking Championship, and also a Gretsch G5420T to the winner of the youth division (age 17 & under) - as well as good ole cash!

The event starts with the doors opening at 5:30pm on Friday, Sept 27
Pre-show with Paul Moseley & friends at 6pm, and Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony begins at 7
There will be a special tribute to Merle Travis following the ceremony featuring Shane Adkins, Randy Buckner, Roger Hardin, and many more!
Registration for the International Thumbpicking Championship begins at 9:00am on the 28th, with competition starting at 10:00 - we will have the Traditional, Contemporary, & Junior classes - the playoff will be between the Traditional & Contemporary winners for the Grand Prize Guitar!

Saturday evening will open back up at 6:15, pre-show with contest winners at 6:45
7:00 will begin the first part of the evening with performances from Scott Taylor and then Pat Kirtley, who will be joined by the Endless Road Strings
8:00pm will begin a very special tribute to a dear friend and a legendary picker (who does not know, email me for details) - this tribute will feature Paul Moseley, Freddie Russell, John Knowles, Mark Thornton, and others - we will finish the night off with a performance by Bobby Bare!

Please contact me via email at joehudson01@comcast.net or by message here, or visit www.ntphf.com for more details, full schedule, prices, etc. This event is growing every year! Thank you all for your support!

Joe Hudson
Executive Director
National Thumbpickers Hall of Fame
Joe Hudson

Re: Home of the Legends Thumbpicking Weekend!!

Postby John Knowles » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Looking forward to it. John
John Knowles

Re: Home of the Legends Thumbpicking Weekend!!

Postby bill_h » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:08 am

Sounds like another great weekend Joe. Sorry I won't be able to make it but I'll be there in spirit.( I know you didn't organize the event for a bunch of spirits but my work schedule won't permit me to be there in the flesh. :cry: Gotta hold that job. Otherwise I won't be able to afford to play the guitar!)
bill_h

Return to Announcement and News