update on The Paul Yandell Book Project

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Re: update on The Paul Yandell Book Project

Postby dgallent » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:22 pm

You might want to consider this...Norm

http://www.ingramcontent.com/pages/print-on-demand.aspx

Most of the books on Amazon are printed on demand and drop shipped via UPS from Nashville 14 to 16 hours after order...
They print the book, bind it, print the jacket and ship in less than 24 hours...keeps from spending a wad on a garage full of books you cannot sell...just and idea...this is where publishing is headed...you could do an ebook and this as well for those who want a hard copy....

A friend of mine here in Nashville set this up for Ingram, the largest distributor of books in the world...located in Nashville.
dgallent

Postby Norm » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:15 pm

That looks interesting
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby George Beasley » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Norm,

Yeah....a book on Paul in paper would be nice....I'd buy it. Let s know when/where we can get it. In the meantime, where can everyone else buy a digital copy?

Thanks,
George
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

Postby Norm » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:26 am

I haven't begun to try to mesh the photos and captions into the main text yet that might work for digitilyzing.
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

That should do it.
Norm

Postby Art Sims » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:51 am

Norm,
I'm another guy who would buy the book. Sounds really great. Will be watching here for info on availability.
Art Sims
Art Sims

Postby donusa1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:01 pm

Norm,

I have a friend who interviewed Paul years ago for "Guitar Player." This man is a professional writing instructor at a university and knows many agents, editors, and writers. If you'll send me your email address I'll pass it along to him and see if he knows an agent who might take on the project. Most publishers want a literary agent as an intermediary.

donusa1@gmail.com
donusa1

Postby DagerRande » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:45 pm

Norm, this man raised in your home town would also love to purchase a copy when it is finished.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Eddie Estes » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:53 pm

Norm,
That print by demand thing sounds pretty interesting.
Eddie Estes

Postby Norm » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:14 am

I know...

Got a guy looking at it who might tend it himself or pitch it to an agent for me. Waiting on that then one more publisher who does layouts like I'd prefer (text and photos blended) and if that doesn't pan out I'll try a university press.

While that's going on I'll be looking at those other options (including print by demand)

That should do it.
Norm

Postby Gary Smith » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:43 am

Just my 2 cents worth, an electronic DVD would get you into the market with the least expense. They cost about as much to copy and package as a CD. If you can make the or have made for you, the final pages, photo ready, and the text is in a final form, having the copies made in batches of about 500, would test the waters to see how well it sells.
If that becomes the final solution, I'll buy one in a heartbeat.
Gary Smith

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement and News