Gallopin' Guitar News

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Gallopin' Guitar News

Postby baggetta » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:09 am

In light of the current Mr. Guitar feature on Margaret Fields and the Chet Atkins Fan Club I'd like to make new members of this board aware of the web page I have posted featuring just about all of the back issues of Gallopin Guitar. Step back in time and check out these fascinating pages of history when Chet was young and the world was a very different place.
Thanks to a lot of the members of this board we were able to collect these historic issues and make them available for all to view in PDF.
If you haven't jumped to this page before, go there now and familiarize yourself with the building of Chet Atkins.
Have a great time at CAAS.
Best
Al B.
http://208.68.104.115/baggetta/ChetAtkins/Gallopin%20Guitar%20News/GallopinGuitarNews.htm
baggetta

Re: Gallopin' Guitar News

Postby jean-luc » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi Al,
Issues 1 and 10 are still missing ...
Regards, Jean-Luc
jean-luc

Postby PhilHunt » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:30 pm

I have #10. I believe #1 was just a flyer or newsletter sheet introducing the newsletter.
Wouldn't it have been so wild to be a part of that group of original Chet fans in Nashville hey day!! I would have loved to have been in Nashville during that time period of Chet, Hank Williams, Ernest Tubb, Marty Robbins, Elvis Presley, and many more. When I was down in Nashville back in May I went to the Ernest Tubb Record Store downtown. It's like going back in time every time I walk in that place.
PhilHunt

Postby baggetta » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:06 pm

It was a great time period.
Al B.
baggetta

Postby baggetta » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:19 am

Just to let everyone know. Thanks to Phil Hunt we now have Issue #10 of Gallopin Guitar news. You can get there to read the pdf at the following link:
http://208.68.104.115/baggetta/ChetAtkins/Gallopin%20Guitar%20News/GallopinGuitarNews.htm

Al B.
baggetta

Postby Barry Oliver » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Al it was a great period, one I thank God I got to live through. I was there at the
1954 convention and am in the last picture on your cover page, I'm the one peeking
over Chet's left shoulder. That picture was taken in front of the State Capitol building
in Nashville. Hard to believe that was 59 years ago.

Was also at CAAS this year, and got to see Margaret Fields whom I had not seen in over
50 years. She was a special guest of CAAS this year. She is still a great lady, and yes
she did remember me. I think she has a mind like Chet's once they meet you they always
remember you, for he was the same way.
Barry
Barry Oliver

Postby kwarren » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:52 am

baggetta wrote:In light of the current Mr. Guitar feature on Margaret Fields and the Chet Atkins Fan Club I'd like to make new members of this board aware of the web page I have posted featuring just about all of the back issues of Gallopin Guitar. Step back in time and check out these fascinating pages of history when Chet was young and the world was a very different place.
Thanks to a lot of the members of this board we were able to collect these historic issues and make them available for all to view in PDF.
If you haven't jumped to this page before, go there now and familiarize yourself with the building of Chet Atkins.
Have a great time at CAAS.
Best
Al B.

Does anyone know if the site mentioned in this post is still online somewhere?

Thanks,

Kirk
kwarren

Postby PhilHunt » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:32 pm

Kirk, This is a very good question......Al's sight was up and running.....not sure what is going on with it. But, if you need the Gallopin' Guitar Newsletters' email me...guitarphil04@aol.com.
Phil
PhilHunt

Postby kwarren » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:38 pm

PhilHunt wrote:Kirk, This is a very good question......Al's sight was up and running.....not sure what is going on with it. But, if you need the Gallopin' Guitar Newsletters' email me...guitarphil04@aol.com.
Phil

Phil,

I sent you email yesterday. Hopefully it got to you.

Kirk
kwarren

Postby baggetta » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:21 pm

Sorry about the site being down. Had to take it down because it became to expensive to run. Perhaps in the future I can get it going again.
Al B.
baggetta

Next

Return to Announcement and News