Nicknames on this new Chetboard

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Re: Nicknames on this new Chetboard

Postby jay » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:27 pm

Rande, that is my thought until someone of knowledge lets us know differently. Have a great day.
jay kantor
jay

Postby Randy Finney » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:54 pm

The easiest fix for those wanting to "change" their Username is:

Go to the "User Control Panel", click the "Profile" tab (top of page), click on "Edit Signature" (left side of page), type your real name as your signature.

Then, click the "Board Preferences" tab (top of page), click on "Edit Posting Defaults" (left side of page), and select "YES" for "Attach my signature by default:"

Your real name will automatically show up at the bottom of all your posts.

Your username will still show up in the topics listing but, regular users will quickly learn to relate the real name in your signature to your username.

Randy
Randy Finney

Postby cgprnd » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:01 pm

Randy, that was a good idea. Being able to associate my signature with my username should work. I've followed your suggestion. If it works, this message will be my first success.

thanks,

Rande
Rande Dager
cgprnd

Postby Doug_H » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:49 am

I think the only option is to create a new account with your name and start using it. It would be better to do it now than wait till you have a thousand posts. :? After getting used to people's names on the old board I have to agree with Roger. When the board changed many names changed...I'm confused.
Doug_H

Postby cgprnd » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Doug, I just might do that. Of course I'll appear to be a new member, but then I guess at least people will know who I am!
Should I drop my old membership or just ignore it? I don't want take up 2 positions when counting the size of the "membership list".

thanks,

Rande
Rande Dager
cgprnd

Postby Doug_H » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:25 pm

Rande,

I'd probably take the lazy way and just ignore the old account. There may be some people that will still send a PM to it because of old messages. Maybe after it's seen no action for a while...then dump it. Works either way.. ;)
Doug_H

Postby Doug_H » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:18 am

Jack Baker wrote:Hi Doug,
Some really nice work tabbing and beautiful songs....Jack

Jack, Coming from an old pro like you, I consider that a heck-of-a compliment. Thank you. Hey...you're welcome to list them. :) I can promise Hal Leonard will never pull them. haha More to come.
Doug_H

Postby thenorm » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:42 am

Do it!

Jack, your site is a treasure and, while I know you've seen pitchforks and torches, I've always been proud to know you. You've always been up front and straightforward.

Sometimes I disagree with you...

...but only sometimes... :-)
thenorm

Postby punchdrunque » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:21 pm

The name punchdrunque has as significant a meaning to me as the name given by my parents. It is one that I gave ME. The name I was given at birth was a name given to someone to be... the name I gave me is the thing I had become. Those that gave me the name have long passed. When I sign as punchdrunque, I am signing as someone a few will recognize... when I sign as Don, I sign as a potentially one of a million "Dons". I will happily end any posting with Don, though... if that makes everyone happy... although, you don't know me... but I will maintain as punchdrunque. Just remember... Don can be punchdrunque, catfish,... God only knows how many others could be confused as to who did the posting. 'Course... I could throw in my last name... but it's being as common as Smith, Williams,Brown, or Johnson... wouldn't clear it up much better. :lol:
Any how... I had signed onto this board under another name, some time back... but have been off the internet for so long I forgot it and associated password... the name I am using NOR the password stored associated with it will not be. You can only remember so many names and passwords associated with them. Punchdrunque is as much my name as ANY given me. Another reason I keep the name is it associates me to various individuals and rememberance of those who knew me as Punch, that are no longer with us... some of those names are on the wall... but they were also known by other names, such as Phillie, Tex, Redneck, Shorty and various others. So if the name offends anyone... I hate it for ya, but the name stays whether I do or not. :? Chester became Chet... Mr Guitar... the names fit him well... Punchdrunque fits me AS well.
Best regards to all, from a newbie,
Don Jones
aka Punchdrunque
punchdrunque

Postby Pickin Palmer » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:03 am

Sooooo THAT explains the left-handed, upside down, or is it sideways... maybe backwards... guitar playing. I can't tell. All I know it's absolutely beautiful music that I CAN'T STEAL!! LOL I think Roger was just (possibly) having a bad day, Don, when he posted that. The net is FULL of nicknames and us old guys better just get used to it: (I didn't much like it when it first started happening, either:)

Google - Amazon.com - Monster.com - Yahoo - Lycos - Obama.... LOL

Love your pickin,

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Previous

Return to Announcement and News