JD Norman Passes Away

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

JD Norman Passes Away

Postby Pickin Palmer » Tue May 28, 2013 10:34 am

Long time CAAS attendee and Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club picker - JD Norman lost his bout with brain cancer this past Sunday, May 26th. Calling hours and funeral will be this Thurs and Fri. Look here for OFGC eNewsletter announcement and specifics. http://ofgc.net/new_page_36.htm

Palmer Moore - Organizer, OFGC
Pickin Palmer

Re: JD Norman Passes Away

Postby rhudson » Tue May 28, 2013 11:36 am

I'm really sorry to hear that, Palmer. J.D. was a good guy and a good picker. My condolences.
rhudson

Postby PhilHunt » Tue May 28, 2013 2:09 pm

JD was such a nice guy and full of humor. I just had a bad feeling that last years CAAS would be the last time I saw him. My condolences to his family.
PhilHunt

Postby Wayne Canning » Tue May 28, 2013 3:03 pm

I always spent time with JD at CAAS and enjoyed the visits and his humor, stories and exceptional playing. I was pleased that Palmer bought JD along last year to CAAS and felt at the time it might be our last visit. Thoughts, prayers and condolences to all his many friends and family.

Thanks, Take Care, Wayne
Wayne Canning

Postby Roger Pratt » Tue May 28, 2013 3:45 pm

I will miss J.D. He was a good friend and person. He was a really good picker also. Go with God old friend!!
Roger Pratt

Postby Shipo » Tue May 28, 2013 5:05 pm

Boy, I'm sure gonna miss JD's Rye humor and picking, here's the latest video I have of his talent.
http://youtu.be/c-DD74GeDwM
Last edited by Shipo on Tue May 28, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
73 de KB9AH
Jim Shiporski
shipoje@mac.com
Shipo

Postby awykle » Tue May 28, 2013 5:05 pm

I too am really going to miss JD. Such a good friend, great player and all-around great person. Rest easy my friend and we'll play together again. Your buddy, Jimmy.
awykle

Postby Eddie Estes » Tue May 28, 2013 8:53 pm

Frank Stahler and now JD were guys that I saw from the earliest conventions. Won't be the same without either of them.
God give JD's family peace.

Eddie
Eddie Estes

Postby Pickin Palmer » Wed May 29, 2013 12:32 pm

Thanks so much for the thoughts, fellas. While reading your Replies I realized that I now must add yet another entry to our Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club website Memorials section - the toughest one to add, so far.

Thanks for that video post, Jim. Have you got any other ones? Do any of you folks have any videos you might have shot of JD at CAAS - or, one of our Pickin' Parties. I'd like to include them in his Memorial...

I remember the first year I convinced JD to come to the CAAS convention. He no sooner got there and he started to bug me, "When do we play - when do we play?" I took his guitar case, put it in the corner of the Picker's Club Room and strongly advised him to relax and wander around the other rooms for awhile, and then come tell me when he wanted to play. About an hour later he came back in the Room lit up like a Christmas tree. "WOW, those fellas know how to play guitar!!!" Yes, they do, JD - and, so didn't you.

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Return to Announcement and News